Water Quality Scientist
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Water Quality Scientist to join our Mine Environmental team in Edmonton office.
As a key member of the team you will be supporting mining projects and providing environmental impact assessment, regulatory approval/compliance, and field data collection support.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Full implementation of health and safety practices in day to day activities
- Leading water quality field programs and water quality assessments; willingness to occasionally go in the field to lead programs
- Preparation of proposals and reports for a range of activities including monitoring programs, environmental assessments, and management plans
- Performing and directing data analysis
- Mentoring junior staff
- Participation in group meetings
- Networking and integrating with colleagues from multiple offices
- Ability to multi-task and delegate
- University degree (M.Sc. or higher) in Aquatic Biology, Aquatic Ecology, or Environmental Sciences
- Minimum of 0-3 years of experience or equivalent
- Experience with technical writing and communication
- Strong technical skills in surface water quality analysis, and application and interpretation of guidelines
- Experience with project management
- Experience with leading and completing water quality field data collection programs
- Experience working on large, multidisciplinary projects
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
One of Canadaâ€™s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golderâ€™s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder
More search results
President and Chief Executive Officer
Principal, Brampton Campus
Executive Director, Academic
Red River College
Assistant Deputy Minster, Indigenous Relations an…
Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
Dean, Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Scien…
University of Northern British Columbia