Inside Sales Representative
- Job Category
- Sales and Business Development
- Job Type
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for performing various inside sales duties.
This position reports to the Sales Manager or other management designee.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
- Work with sales manager to define and develop territory to increase new and existing sales
- Manage designated accounts
- Enter quotes in CRM system, issue new quotes to clients and follow up on existing quotes
- Maintain fast quote turnaround time and follow up
- Provide back-up for outside sales team
- Document sales activity
- Monitor/call on leads
- Follow-up with operations on customer inquiries
- Research and assist with resolving account problems
- Coordinate webinars with technical experts and clients
- Support marketing campaigns by proactively prospecting; drive attendance for lunch and learns, lab open houses, and on-site technical seminars
- Perform client research, prospecting (including cold calling, warm calling and emailing prospective clients) and networking
- Prepare sales reports and forecasts
- Maintain sales database
- Perform other work as required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- HS Diploma or GED and 2+ years of relevant experience, or the equivalent in terms of education; experience and/or training
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Bilingual (French) is an asset but not mandatory
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written format
- Excellent prioritization, organization and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with CRM tools (MS Dynamics / Sales Force / other) is a plus.
- Technical writing skills/experience is a plus.
- Must be customer focused and quality driven
- MS Office proficiency, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with shifting priorities
This position outline is a general guideline and does not represent all encompassing details. The position assumes that the incumbent has both the mental and physical requirements to carryout the above defined duties.