Guest Experience Associate Seasonal-M&M World Time Square- New York- September 12, 2019 Hiring Event
- Mars, Incorporated
- New York,NY
- Job Category
- Admin/Clerical/Customer Service
- Job Type
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Guest Experience Associate (Seasonal) - New York City Hiring Event on September 12
When: Thursday, September 12, 2019
When: M&M World New York @ 1600 Broadway, New York, NY 10019
Time: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Please apply to this link and ensure you come prepared with a copy of your resume.
Are you looking for us? Do you love chocolate? If yes...
Join our chocolate-loving Mars family at M&M’s World in NYC! We are now hiring part-time Guest Experience Associates, with an unforgettable personality, a forever smile, and a passion to serve our guests. We welcome your unique personality, just as our M&M brand is founded on our unique characters! If you like to dance, act, perform magic tricks, improvise, and have FUN, our store is the work place for you!
The ideal candidate consistently sets a standard of integrity and trust and influences others to have a high standard of professionalism…demonstrated by our Mars Five Principles!
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF A GUEST EXPERIENCE ASSOCIATE IN M&M WORLD?
You must be excited to SMILE and work in a fun, fast paced environment to make every interaction a positive unforgettable experience for our guests. With our unique, high standard developmental programs you will master the art of guest experience and can grow professionally as a Buddy, Guest Experience Lead/ Supervisor, Candy Manager, Guest Experience Manager, or into other exciting careers in the store and/or Mars Inc.
- CUSTOMER FOCUS:
- Display the Guest Experience Program training standards daily and consistently to provide exceptional guest service and enthusiastically create an unforgettable experience through personal interactions with our guests.
- M&M’s BRAND AMBASSADOR and PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE:
- Become knowledgeable of the M&M’s Brand and the store products designed to delight our guests.
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR BUSINESS RESULTS:
- Contribute to the success of the store by driving specific business metrics.
- FRIENDSHIP and COLLABORATION:
- Build friendships based on collaboration, trust, dignity and respect to create a great place to work that is reflected by the exceptional guest service. Work together to create continuous improvement for one another, and for the entire store.
- PUNCTUALITY & INTEGRITY:
- Comply with store policies and adhere to the attendance policy.
- INITIATIVE and JUDGEMENT:
- Participate and/or initiate special duties and projects to enhance operational efficiency and improve the guests’ experience.
WHAT MAKES YOU PERFECT FOR THIS POSITION?
- You must be at least 18 years of age with authorization to work in the U.S.
- You must have the ability to work nights, weekends, AND holidays
- You must be able to effectively communicate and interact with customers at a high volume store with a diverse customer base
- You must have the ability to move swiftly throughout crowded store
- You must have the ability to reach, carry, and lift lightweight candy and merchandise onto shelves
- You do not need prior retail experience, however you must exhibit ambition to learn and grow
- You must demonstrate punctuality, integrity and personal responsibility
- You must have a love for chocolate and having fun!
WHAT DO WE OFFER TO YOU?
- Competitive wages
- Potential monthly bonuses $$$
- Transit Discount Program
- Flexible Schedules
- Ongoing Developmental Programs
- Corporate/ Store Discounts
- Career Opportunities within the store and in Mars Inc (https://jobs.mars.com/)
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.