Senior Project Engineer
- Job Category
- Job Type
Job Title: Senior Project Engineer, Construction Services
Intertek is an industry leader with more than 43,000 employees in 1,000 locations in over 100 countries. We deliver Total Quality Assurance expertise 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with our industry-winning processes and customer-centric culture. Whether your business is local or global, we can help to ensure that your products meet quality, health, environmental, safety, and social accountability standards for virtually any market around the world. We hold extensive global accreditations, recognitions, and agreements, and our knowledge of and expertise in overcoming regulatory, market, and supply chain hurdles is unrivalled.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct field and lab testing on concrete, aggregate and soil samples following applicable ASTM and CSA standards in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA)
- Compile data and reports into a final compliance report
- Provide technical support to sales team to determine the scope of new projects and develop pricing estimates and project timelines
- Manage day-to-day activity for projects (schedule, dispatch, technical resource for local team)
- Attend technical and/or industry association meetings in the GTA
- Responsible for business development activities and expanding local team
- Civil Engineering Degree Preferred. Registered Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario.
- 5+ years of engineering experience in the field of construction materials testing and quality control/assurance services.
- Background in concrete, aggregate, soil, & geotechnical analysis in the residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial construction space.
- Knowledge of concrete mix design, and related CSA & ASTM standards.
- Hold CCIL certificates for concrete and aggregates testing.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Working knowledge of computer systems (i.e. Microsoft Office) is essential
- Experience working with diverse teams (engineering, operations, marketing) is preferred
- Business to business sales experience is preferred
- Some travel may be required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
This position outline is a general guideline and does not represent all encompassing details. The position assumes that the incumbent has both the mental and physical requirements to carry out the above defined duties.
More search results
President and Chief Executive Officer
Principal, Brampton Campus
Executive Director, Academic
Red River College
Assistant Deputy Minster, Indigenous Relations an…
Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
Dean, Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Scien…
University of Northern British Columbia