Operations Supervisor 1st Shift
- Ingram Micro Inc
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position at Ingram Micro Commerce & Lifecycle Services
WHO IS INGRAM MICRO?
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Life cycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world's largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Job Title: Operations Supervisor 1st Shift
- Supervision of systemic receipts, product testing and data clearing, picking and put away of processed materials, as well as product transfers.
- Leads a team of associates within the pick and ship department.
- Plans and coordinates work, trains and motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of returns associates; ensures their ability to safely operate; counsels, records, and disciplines as necessary.
- Ensures frequent communication with team by conducting daily huddles and counseling.
- Ensures orders are processed in accordance with agreed upon SLA's.
- Lead ongoing and special projects in support of Operations and works with cross functional internal teams.
- Maintains a personnel structure and staffing level to accomplish the company goals in an effective and efficient manner.
- Interviews and recommends applicants for hire.
- Other people management activities to include timekeeping, performance management, coaching, and corrective action.
- Gathers data for analysis and communicates results to internal company management for review and decision making.
- Ability to write, speak and present effectively and persuasively at all levels.
- Strong critical thinking and resolution in sometimes ambiguous situations.
- Proven ability to define, drive and implement goals.
- Self-driven and has the initiative to gain and share a broader knowledge of returns and supply chain.
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Email.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Management, Logistics, Supply Chain or related field or 3 years of equivalent experience in Management in a distribution environment.
- Experience in a WMS (Provia, Oracle, Manhattan, Red Prairie, SAP, etc..)
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, and crouch.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.