HR Generalist - Benefit Administration
- Altec Industries, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Why Join Altec?
Come join the industry leader in hydraulic utility equipment! Altec is currently looking for a Human Resources Generalist with a focus on Benefits administration at our Southern Division in Birmingham, AL.
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
- Administers associate insurance working with insurance special services representatives and plan carriers.
- Conducts benefit enrollment for all new hires
- Assists current associates with benefit needs, including leaves of absence and FMLA
- Assists in preparing and maintaining HR records and policies.
- Assists HR Manager in serving as a technical liaison between business, industry, government, and union officials.
- Ensures company compliance with federal and state laws, including reporting requirements.
- Performs multifactor data and cost analyses that may be used in support of the HR Function.
- May conduct exit interviews and ensure that necessary employment termination paperwork is completed.
- Researches associate benefit and health and safety practices and recommends changes or modifications to existing policies.
- Onboards associates and processes hiring-related paperwork
- Will be involved in ensuring payroll processing is complete.
- May perform searches for qualified job candidates, using sources such as computer databases, networking, Internet recruiting resources, media advertisements, job fairs, recruiting firms, or associate referrals.
- Prepares or maintains employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using human resources management system software.
- Schedules and coordinates company sponsored on-site and off-site events.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Two years applicable experience required.
- In lieu of experience College Degree required.
- Excellent computer skills required. Prefer Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft, Oracle, and/or Kronos
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.
More search results
President and Chief Executive Officer
Principal, Brampton Campus
Executive Director, Academic
Red River College
Assistant Deputy Minster, Indigenous Relations an…
Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
Dean, Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Scien…
University of Northern British Columbia