Technical Trainer - Altec Service Group (Midwest)
- Altec Industries, Inc.
- St Joseph,MO
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Why Join Altec?
Altec is currently seeking a Technical Trainer in the Altec Service Group to facilitate on-the-job training and classroom activities focused on basic skills for hourly and/or salaried associates. Assess training effectiveness by observing skills and/or administering tests. This position may assist or be responsible for creation of training content, curriculum or job aids on an as-needed basis. May serve as a lead resource for other Trainers.
Since 1929, Altec has been a company committed to excellence, consistently raising the bar through innovative design, manufacture, integrated safety features, and a continued dedication to total customer satisfaction.
Altec is present in more than 100 countries throughout the world supporting the electric utility, telecommunications, contractor, lights and signs, and tree care markets. We are known for lifting products -- bucket trucks, cranes, and equipment used to help people access tough-to-reach places -- but the success starts with thousands of associates who come together to Reach Higher!
Basic Qualifications, Experience, and Skills Required
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
- Four year degree highly desired or equivalent directly applicable experience on a year-for-year basis
Plus one of the following experience levels preferred:
- One year of classroom training facilitation experience, or
- One year of facilitating training sessions or RCI events at Altec
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and facilitation skills
- Excellent problem solving, researching, and documentation skills
- A "can-do" approach and a passion to encourage the same in others
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Flexible in a fast-paced environment with frequent updates
- Facilitate both on-the-job training and classroom activities for basic skills.
- Assess training effectiveness by observing skills and/or administering tests.
- Partner with subject matter experts and/or designers to modify or create training and reference materials.
- Ensure training materials are continuously updated based on current best practices, changing needs, and student feedback.
- Maintain training records, run reports, and schedule appropriate training activities to meet needs.
- Partner with Subject Matter Experts and continuously interface with management to ensure training activities meet management's current business priorities.
- Pursue deep understanding of learner roles, solicit feedback, and assess performance to ensure training solutions meet the needs of the end user.
- On an as-needed basis, create training content, curriculum, procedures and/or job aids
- Work with the Training Manager or HR Manager to ensure new hire employee engagement and morale is high throughout the training process
- Assist in gathering statistical performance feedback on learners to share with the Training Manager or HR Manager
- Use appropriate judgment in upward communication regarding department or employee concerns
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
Competitive pay which rewards performance
Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.