Senior Tailings Engineer
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Senior Tailings Engineer to join our Mine Waste team on a full-time basis based in London.
This role is an integral part of the development and delivery of the Mining Group Strategy for Mine Waste Services, in line with Golder's Vision, Charter and Destination. The primary focus areas for the Senior Tailings Engineer are to maintain technical excellence and grow Golder's mining market share using existing networks, developing new business opportunities, and understanding and maintaining existing key client relationships. As well as providing guidance and consulting services in specialist areas whilst establishing strong linkages across the Global Mining Group.
- Leadership of multi-disciplinary project teams on local, regional and international consulting projects so they are delivered safely, on time, within budget and to client and Golder's standards.
- Deliver leading practice consulting services to internal and external clients in mine waste management.
- Work collaboratively with other senior members of the Golder Mining team to implement the business growth strategy, develop and maintain relationships with a broad client base.
- In conjunction with the Divisional Leader, the Group Leader, and support from the Marketing team, identify, coordinate and undertake marketing and promotional activities for the specialist area region.
- Encourage, promote and facilitate the effective sharing/coordination of resources among Mine Waste consulting teams to maximise productivity of the team and allow for skill development and succession planning.
- Establish linkages with other business units to support and enhance service delivery.
- Carrying out the design of tailings storage facilities, from conceptual through detailed design stages.
- Preparing and delivering technical reports and overseeing others input to technical reports
You will have a background in:
- Bachelor's degree or similar in civil, geotechnical or environmental engineering. Postgraduate qualification in geotechnical engineering or area related to tailings management would be an advantage
- Registered Chartered/Professional Engineer or Member of a related professional body
- Proven capabilities, working efficiently in project teams as both contributor and leader
- High level project management experience.
- Experience in developing client relationships and contributing to business growth.
- Track record of winning work individually and for others.
- Commitment to Excellence
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is an Equal Opportunity Employer
More search results
President and Chief Executive Officer
Principal, Brampton Campus
Executive Director, Academic
Red River College
Assistant Deputy Minster, Indigenous Relations an…
Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
Dean, Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Scien…
University of Northern British Columbia