Industrial Engineer/Lean Manager- 1+ Year Temporary Assignment
- Mars, Incorporated
- Job Category
- Job Type
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Mars Canada is a subsidiary of the US family-owned business known as Mars, Incorporated, one of the leading global manufacturers of branded products. Established in the late 1940's, our three segments – Petcare, Mars Wrigley Confectionary and Food help Canadians celebrate life everyday through food experiences. We are an organization that is guided by our Five Principles: Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom. It is putting these principles into action that allows us to make a difference to people and the planet, through our performance.
Mars Petcare Canada is looking for an Industrial Engineer/Lean Manager in Bolton, ON for a 1 year 4 month temporary assignment.
Leads the site change management process, develops efficient supply solutions for new initiatives, responsible for line capacity and reliability loss analysis, analyzes trends in KPI’s and recommends opportunities to drive continuous improvement.
Leads the development, implementation and ongoing improvement of a sustainable Lean management approach.
• Develops Site Supply Solution for activities driven by the Segment that incorporates efficient manufacturing solutions inclusive of utilization and capacity analysis, impact to KPIs including reliability, waste, labor, and capital requirements.
• Collaborates with others in analysis of feasibility for new ideas and financial viability to support innovation, capacity, and supply chain efficiency.
• Leads Site Weekly and Period Connection review process
• Monitors KPI trending and performance to support the Site to deliver results. Analysis provided to develop or adjust resources and activity sets as needed.
• Collaborates with Operations and Engineering, leads capacity analysis, develops Lean Supply solution, and quantifies impact to Site KPIs including reliability, waste, labor, and Tonnes/Shift for all capital projects for the Site.
• Partners with the site leadership team to identify and prioritize site efficiency projects that will drive CI targets.
• Serves as the key liaison between the Segment and Site with regards to capital projects. Partners with engineering, maintenance and operations to develop the optimum supply solution. Responsible for providing Site related information to justify capital projects.
• Responsible for Site Rate Review and MCP process based on site standards and demonstrated performance.
• Responsible for development of start-up curves, changeover times, target rates for new activities.
• Analyzes, identifies and recommends solutions for reducing raw material waste, production inefficiencies, and non-value added activities through Loss Analysis.
• Leads the FMOS connection point around loss analysis and putting systems in place for measuring and analyzing losses.
• Responsible for maintaining the line downtime system integrity and communicating weekly compliance to departments.
• Helps to develop the Site’s 3-5 year strategy including infrastructure, capacity, and CI to meet long term KPI improvement.
• Leads and educates associates primarily through implementation of Lean Thinking principles and practices
• Drives Lean training and implementation of a Lean toolkit: value stream management, lean diagnosis/strategy & objective setting, Kanban, SMED, team problem solving, Kaizen, etc.
• Develop and implement lean metrics and visual indicators
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, another Engineering discipline or Business Management
• 1+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
• Lean management experience and/or business process change management
• Lean toolkit application skills (value stream mapping, 5S, Kaizen, Kanban, Error proofing, SMED, team problem solving, etc.)
• Experience writing strategy plans & doing data analysis
• 10% travel
• MBA or advanced degree
• 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
A criminal records check will be required for this position.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars Canada is committed to equity in employment and diversity. Mars Canada will provide an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform Mars Canada of your requirements. For more information please review Mars Canada's Accessibility Policy and address any questions about that policy to MarsCanada.Accessibility@effem.com.