Product Line Manager
- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
As a member of the uncooled camera core product management team at FLIR you will be responsible for managing the Lepton/Tau/Boson product and services platforms to achieve revenue and margin growth targets.
- Manages existing FLIR uncooled camera portfolio (Lepton, Tau, Boson): pricing, margin, forecasting, allocation and promotion
- Determines customers' needs and desires via market research
- Assesses product market data by visiting customers with field sales
- Drives product solutions by understanding uncooled market landscape and value proposition for FLIR uncooled camera core solutions.
- Product roadmap development and execution - recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes and preparing Market Requirements Document (MRD)
- Develops and maintains FLIR Uncooled 5-year payload roadmap
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products
- Business Planning: Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing
- P&L - understanding of how each line item will impact GM & OI.
- Determines product pricing by accessing value to customer, utilizing market research data; reviewing production, sales costs and anticipating volumes
- Builds collaborative partnerships with sales team to develop and execute strategies to grow product market share.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests
- Ensures smooth cross-functional communications and offer leadership and direction to others within the Product Team and Senior Management
- Verbal/Written skills- can understand and explain highly complicated topics in a simple way.
- Engages customers in technical discussions regarding uncooled use cases and markets
- Prepares and presents compelling customer and conference presentations
- BS Engineering or BA Physics
- Product management work experience
- Leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to take the initiative, build consensus and drive results up, down and across a distributed organization.
- Able to speak, read, and write in English. Advanced Verbal/Written skills- can understand and explain highly complicated topics in a simple way.
- Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce
- Ability to travel domestically/internationally up to 25%
- MS Engineering and/or MBA
- 3-5 years LWIR core related work experience
- Systems engineering work experience
- Project management work experience
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.