Manufacturing Engineering Technician
- FLIR Systems
- West Lafayette,IN
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Responsible for assisting engineering in ensuring that products developed in ChemBio vertical of Detection Division are manufacturable by contributing to specification, design and programming of test fixtures, electronic evaluation of sub-assemblies, etc. as necessary to reduce component failure and process variability resulting in repeatable and consistent high-quality products that can be produced safely. This position works with teams and individuals in production, quality, safety, and R&D to define and resolve ECNs and maintain ISO 9001 compliance.
- Assist in the fabrication of test fixtures and systems for the evaluation of components and subsystems in manufacturing.
- Resolve assembly, fabrication and component problems – both with internal processes and those within the FLIR supply chain
- Develop and maintain process, product and test documentation, including engineering (electrical and mechanical) data and drawings, hardware, software, firmware and manual information according to company wide ISO 9001 standards and procedures
- Provide technical support to engineers and manufacturing staff during the design and fabrication phases of manufacturing processes
- Solve routine technical problems in manufacturing and testing of sub-assemblies
- Identify and implement new manufacturing technologies, processes, or equipment
- Add and maintain existing and new product production data to documentation control
- Monitor or measure manufacturing and testing processes to identify ways to reduce losses, decrease time requirements, or improve quality
- Perform routine equipment maintenance
- Two-year Technology degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technology or Polytechnic
- Minimum of two years direct or relevant experience
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks 3-D CAD software is required
- Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the duties and responsibilities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with team members, engineers, scientists, both internally and within the FLIR supply chain
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills
- Occasional travel, estimated 1-4 trips annually
- Ability to lift 50 pounds from ground to table top
- US Citizenship Required
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
President and Chief Executive Officer
Principal, Brampton Campus
Executive Director, Academic
Red River College
Assistant Deputy Minster, Indigenous Relations an…
Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
Dean, Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Scien…
University of Northern British Columbia