Junior Geotechnical Engineer
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder Associates Ltd. has an immediate opening for a junior Geotechnical Engineer to join our Eastern Canada Geotechnical Group, based in our Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, office.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing geotechnical engineering support for subsurface investigations and geotechnical analysis and design;
- Developing, directing, and implementing geotechnical field programs;
- Assisting with various field activities, including inspections and testing services on construction projects, drilling, and test pitting;
- Being responsible for quality control with adherence to company standards;
- Assisting with production of engineering reports;
- Developing your technical skills and sharing these skills with other members of your team;
- Participating in a team environment within and outside of the geotechnical discipline;
- Learning about the consulting business;
- Demonstrating a "Safety-First" focus and acting as a role model to other staff; and
- Maintaining a high standard of behaviour to uphold Golder's reputation and demonstrating a commitment to our Core Values.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- University graduate with a Degree in Geotechnical, Geological, or Civil (Geotechnical) Engineering;
- Valid driver's license and a reliable vehicle required ;
- A sound base in the application of geotechnical engineering to problem solving;
- Strong interpersonal communication and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment; and,
- Ability and willingness to travel.
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, with Platinum member status for 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.
More search results
President and Chief Executive Officer
Principal, Brampton Campus
Executive Director, Academic
Red River College
Assistant Deputy Minster, Indigenous Relations an…
Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
Dean, Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Scien…
University of Northern British Columbia