Fleet Logistics Supervisor - Global Rental
- Altec Industries, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Why Join Altec?
Global Rental Co. knows and understands the utility equipment business, providing the most complete line of equipment solutions for rent or purchase. Altec, Inc., is present in more than 100 countries throughout the world supporting the electric utility, telecommunications, contractor, lights and signs, and tree care markets. We are known for lifting products -- bucket trucks, cranes, and equipment used to help people access tough-to-reach places -- but the success starts with thousands of associates who come together to Reach Higher!
GRC has an opening for a Fleet Logistics Supervisor to oversee vendor invoicing procedures, inspection documentation, and communication to sales team and end-users. Ensure vendors are following best practices, provide feedback and establish solutions to improve processes.
The position works from Birmingham, AL.
Basic Education, Experience and Skills
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
HS or GED required
In addition, one of these three qualifications must be met:
- Bachelor's Degree OR
- Five years of supervisory experience at a manufacturing or service operation required, OR
- Ten years' experience at Altec in the manufacturing or service environment
- Mechanical aptitude is required
- Comprehensive knowledge of Altec's equipment and the equipment rental business preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required; Knowledge of Oracle and Lotus Notes preferred
- Demonstrated computer skills required
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills
- Current valid U. S. Driver's License
- PC skills using Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
- Receive, review, and process all vendor repair invoices and inspection documentation.
- Ensure all negotiated pricing standards are followed.
- Track any vendor specific discrepancies or opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure inspections are done according to schedule for all units and distribute inspection reports to customers.
- Receive incoming calls from repair facilities and determine the level of service needed and/or coordinate repairs/service/towing with Altec Repair Central.
- Oversee and maintain relationships with vendors.
- Ensure units are repaired, as noted in the purchased order. Close out purchase order for all completed repairs.
- Determine the most effective, efficient means to solve issues regarding technical problems with the units in the Global fleet, working with both the Altec Service group and with OEM chassis suppliers.
- Implement process improvement, standard work instructions, and best practices within the Global fleet group.
- Maintain consistent communication with Global Account Managers to foster positive relationships between vendors and customers.
- Instill an attitude of team spirit that will maintain a successful Global organization.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Travel up to 25%
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
Competitive pay which rewards performance
Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.
More search results
President and Chief Executive Officer
Principal, Brampton Campus
Executive Director, Academic
Red River College
Assistant Deputy Minster, Indigenous Relations an…
Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
Dean, Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Scien…
University of Northern British Columbia