Linear Development Regulatory Specialist
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Linear Development Regulatory / Permitting Specialist to join our Environmental Planning and Permitting (EP&P) team on a full-time basis in Calgary or Edmonton.
An overview of your role will include:
- Serve as a Project Manager and lead in the EP&P business across the life cycle of linear projects (transmission, pipelines, rail, highways)
- Contribute to project development and delivery. This includes strategic planning, proposal development, project management, client relations, and opportunity development
- Support the development of integrated service delivery by identifying business opportunities with other Golder staff around the company who deliver technical services required by linear development clients
- Contribute to a culture of health, safety and protection of the environment and ensuring that safety is an inherent part of the work we do every day
You will have a background in:
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Science or a related discipline
- At least 5 years of relevant EP&P experience, preferably in a consulting capacity
- Business development and client service management skills with a proven track record of developing project opportunities and maintaining successful client relationships; strong existing client relationships and professional contacts are highly desirable
- A comprehensive understanding of the various national, provincial, and regional regulatory bodies that oversee linear EP&P projects in the Prairies and across Canada
- Project Management Professional Designation as asset, but not required
- Have a good aptitude for using and understanding computer applications
- Have excellent oral communication and writing skills
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.
More search results
President and Chief Executive Officer
Principal, Brampton Campus
Executive Director, Academic
Red River College
Assistant Deputy Minster, Indigenous Relations an…
Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
Dean, Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Scien…
University of Northern British Columbia