Air Quality Specialist
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for an Intermediate Air Quality Scientist/Engineer to join our Air and Noise Team on a full-time basis based in Saskatoon.
An overview of your role will include:
- Carrying out air quality assessments, independently or as part of a larger group and consists of: emission inventory development, data analysis, calculations, atmospheric dispersion modelling and reporting
- Field work including source identification, data collection, ambient air quality, meteorological and noise monitoring, (instrument set up, calibration, data acquisition and analysis)
- Acting in a project management role for multiple projects at a time
- Meteorological model preparation and dispersion modelling
- Assisting on multi-disciplinary projects (environmental assessments) with data analysis and reporting
- Assisting in the preparation of proposals and project reports as directed
- Assisting with business development and client support
- Interface and collaborate with other technical staff in Canada
You will have a background in:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Environmental Engineering, or Sciences
- 5 - 10 years previous experience working in the environmental sciences profession
- Experience in environmental consulting, in particular air quality assessments
- Knowledge of the Saskatchewan regulatory process
- Knowledge of other western jurisdictions' regulatory processes is an asset
- Knowledge of the western Canadian industries (mining, O&G, agriculture, etc.) is an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills, and excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Possess as valid driver's license and the ability to drive as required
- Experience in dispersion modelling
- Well-developed computer skills (e.g. Programming in Visual Basic, C , Matlab, Fortran, etc.)
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.
More search results
President and Chief Executive Officer
Principal, Brampton Campus
Executive Director, Academic
Red River College
Assistant Deputy Minster, Indigenous Relations an…
Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
Dean, Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Scien…
University of Northern British Columbia