- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The Human Resource Coordinator is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with HR team and management in supporting designated locations. This position will have exposure in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training & development, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, compensation administration, recruitment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
You will learn
The HR Coordinator will learn to be well versed in the state, local and federal requirements that the company must meet. These regulations may include Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines, the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) regulations, Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), and The Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 (FLSA), to name a few.
- Learn and utilize our applicant tracking system-Workday, LinkedIn, Handshake FLIR’s careers page and other talent acquisition systems.
- Manage applicant flow and correspond with applicants
- Research and analyze data related to college recruiting and think strategically in order to propose new ideas to the HR team. Create job postings targeted at new grads and alumni using Handshake
- Support the HR team through learning about sourcing, resume reading and building a talent pipeline. Work with Staffing Agencies to manage the contingent worker hiring process
- Steward candidates through the interview process
- Support HR team with other ad hoc projects
- Coordinate and schedule phone interviews and in-person meetings
- Filing and record keeping
- Assemble new hire paperwork and orientation folders
- Draft orientation schedules and schedule orientation meetings
- One year experience or current Senior pursuing a Bachelors Degree
- Interest/experience in Recruitment/HR
- Highly organized
- Ability to manage confidential information in strict confidence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze large quantities of data.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
Essential Functions/Work Environment
- Must be a US Citizen or have Permanent Resident Status
- The employee may occasionally lift and or move up to 25 lbs. This role would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision,
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. May sit for long periods in front of a computer.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
President and Chief Executive Officer
Principal, Brampton Campus
Executive Director, Academic
Red River College
Assistant Deputy Minster, Indigenous Relations an…
Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
Dean, Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Scien…
University of Northern British Columbia