Sr Financial Analyst
- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for supporting multiple CBU Division’s FP&A and closing activities. Responsibilities include implementing/improving strong financial planning and reporting processes, implementing/improving standard deck of sales and margin analytics/reports, ad hoc reporting and analytics and closing activities for the Divisions. As a trusted business partner, you will support the Controller through building an effective reporting process, insightful management reporting, independent analysis. Your analytical aptitude will enable high value ad hoc financial analysis to support management decision making. You will also leverage your continuous improvement nature to participate on teams and drive process improvement projects. Maintain timelines for closing and reporting.
- Assist Controller in budgeting and forecasting processes, including defining the process timelines and creating stakeholder tools and templates
- Meet all management reporting requirements and timelines; develop effective reporting packages; create and deliver presentation decks for effective communication to management; define and lead improved reporting initiatives
- Establish and maintain key financial metrics and key performance indicators to drive accountability and visibility
- Support capital expenditure process
- Perform standard costing processes and analytics
- Manage closing activities; including but not limited to accrual journal entries, capital project settlements, review GL/AP/AP items for accuracy, allocations and profit center reclass, cost center spending review, balance sheet reconciliations, loading BPC reports and review data with Controller.
- Ad hoc reporting, analysis, decision support; analyze the business with analytical tools and data mining to ascertain opportunities to improve; provide insights and recommendations
- Special projects
- Research and resolve Business Unit(s) inquiries for assigned functional areas.
- Investigate and report to the Manager any inconsistencies or improprieties.
- Analyze data to ensure proper accounting procedures have been followed
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance Projects as assigned
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the division’s performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan.
- BS/BA degree in accounting or finance from an accredited college or university
- Understanding/working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls
- 3+ years of experience in performing forecasts, planning and ad-hoc analysis in a manufacturing environment
- Systems: Strong Excel and SAP experience required
- Strong technical aptitude and experience, strong with PowerPoint, usage of data query and BI tools
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to complex problems.
- A track record of proactively identifying and implementing process improvements
- Ability to build positive relationships, influence others and effect change
- Proactive self-starter able to take the initiative as necessary to support timely work delivery
- Flexible; ability to operate within an environment of change and can operative effectively with some ambiguity, highly detail-oriented and capable of analyzing data with creativity and innovation in mind
- Excellent listening, verbal, written and presentation communication skills; ability to build strong business partnerships across the organization.
- MBA a plus
- Familiarity with data warehouse and BPC reporting systems (similar to Hyperion) preferred
- Powerpoint, Power BI experience preferred
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
President and Chief Executive Officer
Principal, Brampton Campus
Executive Director, Academic
Red River College
Assistant Deputy Minster, Indigenous Relations an…
Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
Dean, Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Scien…
University of Northern British Columbia