Deputy Operations Manager (Calgary Based Positon)
- Job Category
- Job Type
*** PLEASE NOTE: This position is based out of Calgary. The incumbent will be working from home and reporting to manager located in the US. ***
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Deputy Operations Manager you will be responsible for operations management functions in regard of the Technical Inspection Division under the direction of the Operations Manager. Preparation and presentation of recommendations preliminary to decision making in matters affecting long-range objectives, plans and overall policies as they relate to operations.
This position reports to the Operations Manager based in the Woodlands USA TIS Division.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
- To handle and decide day-to-day matters in keeping with the long-range objectives, plans and overall policies established by the Operations Manager/General Manager and ensure proper application/interpretation of established policies as they relate to operations.
- To continuously improve the Quality Management System of the Technical Inspections Division as per the requirements of IS09001:2000, including awareness of all personnel within the Division.
- To work closely and liaise with all personnel within the Technical Inspections Division and assigned foreign offices with particular emphasis on supporting the efficiency, accuracy and promptness of the execution of all work and reports thereon for clients involved.
- Responsible for monitoring and achieving set KPI targets for the coordination teams.
- To ensure compliance with company policies in place from time-to-time, specifically the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (OFAC) and Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Maintain oversight of assigned top tier clients to ensure client satisfaction and acceptable Coordination Team performance.
- Makes "in-person" visits to serve as a client representative at fabricator locations by participating in kick-off meetings, pre-inspection meetings, order review meetings, expediting or any other type of client support needed.
- Performs coordinator/expediter human resource functions including scheduling, attendance maintenance, time sheet processing, and employee evaluations.
- Mentor the Team Leads in preparing the required monthly statistical data on Technical Inspections for Canada operations activities (Order Reviews/Hi-Low Report/Revenue Forecasting).
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Degree preferred but not required.
- Prefer at least ten (10) years relevant work experience, preferably in the engineering, manufacturing, construction, operation, maintenance, and/or inspection industries, of which at least five (5) years should have been spent involved with some form of QA/QC, either hands-on inspection or testing (or both), and/or in an administrative role.
- Fluent in English (i.e. reading, writing, speaking, and comprehension)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with email and internet communication systems.
- Possess strong analytical and communications skills.
- Ability to work well with others, multi-task, and is detailed oriented.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Good interpersonal and demonstrated communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Ability to motivate others and lead by example.
- Delegation of responsibilities.
- Provide guidance that will help others to stay on track.
- Ability to multi-task and work under time constraints is critical. Must have sense of urgency.
- Must be self motivated with good organizational and time management skills.
- High degree of personal integrity and the ability to collaborate with others.
This position outline is a general guideline and does not represent all encompassing details. The position assumes that the incumbent has both the mental and physical requirements to carry out the above defined duties.