Geotechnical Field and Laboratory Technologist/Project Coordinator
- St. Catharines, ON,ON
- Job Category
- Job Type
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
GHD is seeking a Geotechnical Field and Laboratory Technologist/Technician in our St. Catharines, ON office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Organizing, coordinating and planning for field geotechnical drilling
- Geotechnical laboratory testing of soils
- Carrying out quality control of materials
- Conducting inspections
- Testing of soils and construction materials
- Preparing technical reports
- Geotechnical materials engineering including compact quality control testing, concrete inspection and testing, subgrade evaluation, reinforcing steel inspection, etc.
Skills and Qualifications
- Civil Engineering Technologist or Geotechnical Technologist diploma or certificate
- 2 - 5 years of relevant experience
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong communication skills
- CCIL Type B aggregate certification, CSA/CCIL certification or ACI level 1 and 2 certification for concrete
- Knowledge of field geotechnical drilling with soils sampling and follow-up laboratory testing
- Valid driver's license and personal vehicle required
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work/life balance contributes to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.