Test Engineer I
- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Interacts with detector development team and other engineering groups to define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret tests for products, systems, components, or modifications. Identifies functional problems and suggests resolutions. Defines testing standards and documents and analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports. Ensures testing procedures follow any required industry specific standards. May coordinate with vendors or suppliers to modify or develop testing for components or other parts. Requires a bachelor's degree in Engineering. Reports to manager of Detector Engineering group.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage testing of detectors and focal plane arrays for development of III-V based infrared focal plane arrays, detector arrays, and silicon ROICs.
- Monitor status of and support developmental focal plane array testing
- Provide sustaining engineering test support and continuous yield improvement
- Design and execute experiments in support of the above
- Develop new testing protocols and test methods.
- Generation of presentations in support of test development plans/status
- Responsible for documentation of test development tasks
- Generate test and equipment work instructions
- Interact with Product managers to clearly define and control project requirements and changes to the established baseline
- Assist in proposal activities
- Feedback into the Engineering processes so they are constantly improved
- Participate in government programs where sensor and wafer test development are required
- Exceptional Test Development skills required to monitor statistically designed experiments
- Experience with Detector and Sensor Testing
- Manufacturing and Yield Improvement experience is desired.
- Excellent Communication Skills, Oral, Written and Listening to ensure effective dissemination of information to process team and organizational leadership.
- Displaying strong personal Initiative and motivation is vital to achieve desired performance results with projects that support the organization.
- Decision Making & Problem Solving skills required: effectively resolve multi-faceted problems, consistently identify, evaluate and present alternatives, risks, and consequences prior to making decisions.
- . Strong Organization, Planning & Execution skills required to effectively develop and maintain schedules, maximize human or equipment resource productivity. Must display a strong personal commitment and responsibility to following-through on execution of assignments and commitments to ensure a successful conclusion in a timely manner
Education & Experience:
- B.S. or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Min. 6 months experience of device testing
- Knowledge of Integrated Circuit Test Development a plus
- Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
President and Chief Executive Officer
Principal, Brampton Campus
Executive Director, Academic
Red River College
Assistant Deputy Minster, Indigenous Relations an…
Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
Dean, Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Scien…
University of Northern British Columbia