- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
FLIR Integrated Imaging Solutions (IIS), a division of FLIR systems, headquartered in the Greater Vancouver area, BC, addresses mainly 2 growing markets: Machine vision for the largest part of our activities, and People Flow Analytics.
Regarding Machine Vision: we provide to machinery manufacturers or system integrators imaging products and solutions that are used for quality inspection, measurement, traceability, vision guided automation and robotics, as well as intelligent traffic systems. Regarding People Analytics: we are currently focused on Retail Analytics, and we provide imaging products and solutions that are used to measure retail customers traffic, customers queuing time, customers flows in the retail space; Essentially our People Analytics products help to replicate the equivalent of web analytics in the physical world.
We are looking for a Sales Engineer with an expectation to accelerate sales cycle, customer experience and usage of our products, solutions and services across existing and new customers. This role is instrumental in driving client engagement, technical superiority, product innovation and presenting a compelling solution utilizing the right product or group of products. Utilizing technical and business acumen, the Sales Engineer will continuously develop technical competencies, creatively solve problems for customers and secure new business.
The Sales Engineer will serve as the technical subject matter expert. You will be based in the Shanghai area and focused on the Eastern China territory. The ability to clearly articulate and position our product suite to both business and technical users as well as establish trust and rapport with clients is essential. Frequent travel within the region and occasional intercontinental travel will be required, averaging of 40% over the year, but varies week-to-week
Customer Acquisition and Growth
- Works closely with the Sales, Product Management and Engineering team in developing product demonstrations that highlight IIS products and services value proposition
- Applies best practices for client onboarding and training. Roll out training program to increase understanding about IIS portfolio to channel partner and OEM customers
- Grow channel and direct business through strategic relationships, enablement, practice development and sales acceleration activities with a focus on driving technical capability and capacity in the channel
- Accelerate the usage and consumption of IIS products, solutions and services
- Working as part of the sales team and empathizing with their goals
- Provide pre-sale technical support in sales presentations and product demonstrations
- Provide pre-deployment, project-based support
- Provide product training and seminars to customers/partners
- Helping choose the right product based on customer requirements
- Create and continuously develop training program for customers to ensure seamless onboarding
- Update and share training content with the Commercial Excellence team and repository
- Ensure clients are our greatest advocates
- Establish a communication plan with the client and be proactive on satisfaction
- Actively manage relationships with technical personnel of existing partner companies, including frequent proactive communication via email, phone, Skype and in-person meetings
- Gather and understand each partner’s solution offering, product differentiation, competition, and overall market position
- Interface between clients and Product Management for feature requests (including all qualification)
- Conduct Product roadmap presentations
- Support market introduction of new features (lower level/technical level)
- Regular check-ins with customers/partners (nurturing the relationship)
- Work with marketing and product managers to provide input on new products and may provide insight from the field back to these groups
- Work cross-functionally with other departments in the organization, such as marketing, product management, engineering and manufacturing teams to maximize customer satisfaction
- Serve as interface between clients and internal Product Management for product change and feature requests including qualification of those requests
- Understand our companies’ products and end-to-end systems
- Create new Knowledge Base articles, translate to local language
- Maintaining website downloads (customer/partner support portal)
- Escalation/reporting of bugs to the Support Team
- Represent FLIR at tradeshows and support with tradeshow set-up and tear-down
- System Design from blueprints/requirements
- Support RFI/RFP
- Internal and Partner beta firmware testing
- Technical degree or diploma preferred (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, etc.)
- 3+ years in a customer facing role
- Experience as a Sales Engineer in the manufacturing industry preferred
- Customer first attitude
- Knowledge of customer enablement practices
- Technical aptitudes and ability to learn new technology
- Analytical skills for reviewing and understanding customer and industry data
- Strong team player as well as an individual contributor
- Demonstrable solid understanding of TCP/IP networks and typical network infrastructure
- Strong familiarity with the family of Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Expertise in the Microsoft Office suite (primarily Excel, Visio and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in English required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (tailoring the message for the relevant audience)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Understanding of/experience in machine vision industry: industrial cameras, sensors, interfaces,
- related peripherals and technologies
- Knowledge of machine vision application areas and associated camera requirements
- Experience testing hardware and software to verify correct operation or identify and document problems/shortcomings
- Experience in a manufacturing environment (including hardware testing and supply chain)
- Experience working in an ISO9001 company
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.