Financial Analyst - Home Delivery
- Best Buy Canada
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Informed decision-making is at the heart of any successful company. As a member of Best Buy Canada's Finance Team, you'll get to put your knowledge of best practices into practice and play a crucial role in helping to grow our business. The home delivery is critical to the success of Best Buy Canada, specifically in the large electrical goods customer delivery experience. This individual will play a crucial role in shaping the home delivery strategy and operations by providing accurate and efficient reporting as well as insightful analyses. Being an integral part of Best Buy's supply chain operations, the incumbent will gain opportunities to work with various business areas, influence decisions and drive value .
The Financial Analyst acts as a support partner to the various business groups by providing objective and fact-based analytics in understanding drivers of performance and the impact of different courses of action. This individual will participate in all relevant reporting, analysis and finance functions to provide stakeholders better visibility into their respective areas, support decision making and new initiatives, and help drive process efficiency. The Financial Analyst has a keen interest in technical knowledge of finance methodologies and data analytic tools, and learns and utilizes these skillsets to deliver efficient analyses and reports.
As a Financial Analyst you will...
- • Provide insights and business intelligence to stakeholders, within and outside of Finance, through high quality and fact-based financial and operational analyses • Learn and embrace new analytics methodologies, approach, and data management; • Collaborate with other team members to build basic business cases and obtain appropriate approval by the Senior Leadership Team • Bring business meaning to data by pulling information from various data sources, aggregating and synthesizing data using queries, Excel and other BI tools, and communicating the results in an effective and efficient manner • Assist in the creation of new reporting that business can run on their own while helping to maintain data integrity and accuracy of those distributed reports • Ensure that business stakeholders have access to timely, relevant, and accurate financial and operational reporting
We hope you are passionate about...
- • Logic and critical thinking - you are able to think critically, creatively and strategically to troubleshoot and solve problems • Multi-tasking - you have the ability to prioritize among competing demands in a fast-paced environment • Data - you are able to navigate through a complex network of data structures, pull relevant data and extract valuable insights • Communication - you have the ability to synthesize complex analyses and communicate in a simple manner
The experience we need...
- • Bachelor's Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, and/or related field • Prior business experience and proven experience with Excel, financial analysis, and basic coding
- • 1+ year of experience within an Accounting, Finance or analytics role • Intermediate to Advanced SQL • Experience with various BI tools, e.g., MS SSAS (OLAP), SSRS, MS BI, Qlik, Tableau, COGNOS • Accounting Designation
We believe we have the unique opportunity to help customers enrich their lives and pursue their passions with the help of technology.
More search results
President and Chief Executive Officer
Principal, Brampton Campus
Executive Director, Academic
Red River College
Assistant Deputy Minster, Indigenous Relations an…
Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
Dean, Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Scien…
University of Northern British Columbia