Senior Engineering Consultant, Mining Water Resources
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Senior Consultant / Practice Leader in Water Resources Engineering to join our Mining Team in a Full-Time position at our Denver, Colorado office.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Participate in a wide range of engineering and mining projects; from conceptual water management planning to detailed design of water infrastructure and construction oversight.
- Provide technical expertise related to hydrologic assessments, site-wide and tailings impoundment water balances, options assessments for water management infrastructure, hydraulic and streamflow evaluations, water diversions and control structures.
- Provide dam classifications and dam safety reviews in collaboration with our geotechnical and construction teams.
- Perform and/or provide oversight to dam breach assessments, hydraulic analysis, design and assessment of surface water diversions, hydraulic structures, water control structures, ponds, surface water outlets to rivers, and mine infrastructure.
- Develop hydrologic design criteria (e.g. peak flows and volume for various frequencies of rainfall and snowmelt events).
- Serve as a Qualified Professional in relevant jurisdictions for assessments, studies, designs, and recommendations where required for regulatory purposes.
- Deliver complex water-related scopes of work, including technical reviews, coordination with other disciplines, and interaction with technical leads responsible for mine waste, engineering and stability, and environmental components.
- Provide local leadership within the North American mine water management team and interact and collaborate with other senior leaders in the business.
- Lead and contribute to proposals and opportunity management, including frequent interaction with clients as the face of Golder.
- Develop and sustain positive business relationships by offering innovative solutions to clients through business development initiatives.
- Provide technical direction and mentoring to junior staff.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or similar, with experience in water resources management and assessments related to hydrology, hydraulic structures, and design
- Demonstrated experience in consulting to the mining industry, within North America as well as internationally
- 15 years' experience in surface water management projects
- Professional Engineering designation in the relevant jurisdiction(s)
- Proven track record of developing and strengthening client relationships, and managing business relationships
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving, mentoring, writing and people skills
- High degree of motivation, strategic planning, and self-starting capability
- 20 years experience in surface water management projects.
- Familiarity with HEC-RAS, FLO-2D and FLO-3D, HEC-HMS
- Natural leader with the ability to motivate and lead by example
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.
More search results
President and Chief Executive Officer
Principal, Brampton Campus
Executive Director, Academic
Red River College
Assistant Deputy Minster, Indigenous Relations an…
Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
Dean, Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Scien…
University of Northern British Columbia