- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder Associates Inc. is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to join our Mine Waste Management Group, at our Tucson, Arizona office. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated senior level hire (10-20 yrs. relevant experience) with background in mining projects including comminution circuits, material handling, concentrator, SX-EW, tailings impoundment infrastructure, slurry and water pump-stations and pipelines, etc.
The successful candidate for this position will be a self-motivated problem solver who will work as part of a team of structural engineers and designers within a multi-discipline office. The Mine Waste Management Group is involved in a wide variety of projects, principally related to mining - including structural analysis and design of steel/concrete building framing systems and foundations.
An overview of your role will include:
- Providing Project technical leadership on projects and company resources for structural system design and development.
- Developing structural system design solutions based on engineering principles and presentations to the clients.
- Providing technical support to external and internal customers.
- Delivering success whether as project leader, or as part of a large integrated team.
- Ensuring relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for all engineering design.
- Supporting proposal efforts through technical concept development and budgeting activities.
- Interpreting client requirements, identifying and addressing design parameters.
- Mentoring junior engineers with:
- Structural calculations including structure sizing, load estimations, compensating for mechanical vibrations, dealing with corrosive and harsh environments, material selection, and specifications;
- Performing engineering to specify and size structural aspects and supports of mechanical equipment including flotation cells, conveyors, pumps, blowers, compressors, control valves, regulators, relief valves, pipe and other associated process equipment;
- Preparing engineering drawings packages, plans, sections and details for process engineering design;
- Preparation of technical documents including specifications, data-sheets, technical bid analysis, etc.
You will have a background in:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering;
- 10-20 years' experience in an architectural and engineering (A&E) design, engineering or consultancy firm working on mining projects
- Maintain/obtain Professional Engineer's licensure in states where Golder operates;
- Familiar with IBC design standards, and state building codes;
- Familiar with structural analysis software such as RISA, SAP2000, SAFE, etc.;
- Familiar with AutoCAD, Revit Structure, or other BIM Software;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficiency with MS Office;
- Solid organization and time management abilities;
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with a positive, team-oriented attitude;
- High level of personal integrity with a strong work ethic;
- Willingness to travel to meet project demands;
- Pass a pre-employment physical including a drug screening and background check;
- Authorization to work in the United States, and
- Valid driver's license.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.
More search results
President and Chief Executive Officer
Principal, Brampton Campus
Executive Director, Academic
Red River College
Assistant Deputy Minster, Indigenous Relations an…
Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
Dean, Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Scien…
University of Northern British Columbia