- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Due to business growth, Golder seeks an enthusiastic hands on technician to work within the field of geotechnical instrumentation. The role involves working as part of the Instrumentation Team, based in our Melbourne office, to deliver projects for Golder clients. This is an office and site-based role requiring a hands on approach in the fields of mining, civil, infrastructure, hydrogeology and environmental engineering.
Local and interstate project specific site work is a main component of the work. Training and mentoring will be provided to the successful applicant, allowing them to grow their career. Remuneration will reflect capability, experience and level of responsibility.
Key Responsibilities :
- Technical delivery of instrumentation projects from workshop fabrication through to installation on site
- Fabricate and bench test data logging and telemetry systems following provided assembly schedules
- Site installation of instrumentation and commissioning of data logging and telemetry systems
- Mixing cement grout and operating grout pumps
- Communicate with site contacts and build client relationships
- Daily reporting of work completed
- Identify safety hazards and report OH&S incidents
Skill, Qualification & Experience
- Hands on ability to fabricate and install equipment on site
- Work within a team to deliver successful project outcomes
- Ability to communicate with both clients and subcontractors to achieve project targets
- Ability to work in a safe manner and actively foster an interdependent health and safety culture
- Manual drivers licence
- High attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Additional skills that will be looked at favourably
- Relevant geotechnical instrumentation installation experience in a similar position or role would be preferred
- Instrumentation such as piezometers, inclinometers, extensometers, strain gauges and load cells
- Ability to write assembly schedules
- Basic computer software skills (Microsoft Word/Excel)
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and salary package
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- One day birthday leave per year
- Fatigue leave allowance
- Phone allowance
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- Global projects and travel opportunities
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices worldwide, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
At Golder, we care about our people - we operate with integrity and embrace diversity. Our ownership structure affords us the opportunity to invest in our careers and take pride in something we truly own.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this role.
Please note: Golder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies
More search results
President and Chief Executive Officer
Principal, Brampton Campus
Executive Director, Academic
Red River College
Assistant Deputy Minster, Indigenous Relations an…
Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
Dean, Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Scien…
University of Northern British Columbia