- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
IR Detector Packaging Technician
Under the supervision of the Detector Packaging Manager, provide microelectronics assembly support to Detector Packaging Operations. A progressively increasing level of proficiency is required in the technical skills listed. Work environment is Clean room / Lab environment.
- Aqueous ultrasonic cleaning operations
- Laser marking
- Getter Welding
- Adhesive die bonding
- Wirebonding and pull testing
- Alignment measurement
- Vaccum packaging
- Mulitpart test set
- Stereo zoom microscope
- Documentation for travelers and WIP tracking
- High School diploma, or GED
- Typically requires 2 – 4 years technical and/or related experience
- Handling ESD sensitive hardware
- Clean room protocol knowledge
- Basic computer skills – Excel and Word
- Must be able to communicate clearly and able to read and write using the English language.
- Ability to work using hands and have good manual dexterity.
- Ability to work in a clean room environment and don and wear protective clothing (shoe covers, hair covers, coveralls, facial masks, gloves) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use microscopes for extended periods of time.
- Must be a US Citizen or have Permanent Resident Status
- Must pay close attention to detail ensuring quality workmanship. Communication Skills-Oral, Listening & Written are required to follow written instructions and promote a teamwork environment.
- Continuous Learning is required to learn new products, learn how use to new equipment/tools and to advance position.
- Collaboration & Teamwork required to successfully interface with team members to maximize team efforts and productivity, cooperating with co-workers fostering a productive teamwork environment.
- Flexibility and Coping skills are essential to stay focused and to be successful in a high-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Decision Making & Problem Solving is desired to keep hardware moving, being able to work with minimal supervision at times is essential.
- Initiative is desired to maximize productivity, keep hardware moving and assist co-workers.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.