- West Perth,WA
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Golder has a new opportunity for Geotechnical Engineer to join our Geotechnical team on a full-time basis based in Perth. You will be working with driven professionals across multi-discipline groups to deliver a wide variety of /geotechnical and civil infrastructure projects in Perth and across WA.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Carry out assignments/ projects under the general direction of more senior geotechnical engineers;
- Assist with project planning and preparing deliverables of technical complexity;
- Coordinate and conduct geotechnical field investigations;
- Prepare geotechnical reports and proposals for clients with appropriate senior review;
- Interpret geotechnical data, perform analysis, draw conclusions and make recommendations;
- Maintain client contact and customer liaison;
- Participate in selecting methodology and preparing cost estimations for proposals;
- Manage and supervise work of sub-contractors on-site;
- Assist in the training and development of junior staff;
- Perform fieldwork in accordance with relevant health and safety procedures, identify safety hazards and report incidents/near misses
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineer or Masters in Engineering Geology or equivalent closely-related discipline
- Experience in coordinating and conducting geotechnical field investigations
- Must be competent in logging of soil and rock in accordance with AS1726:2017
- Knowledge of methods of presenting, interpreting and analysing geotechnical and engineering geological data
- Proven record of independent work and ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Valid manual driver's license
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
At Golder, we care about our people - we operate with integrity and embrace diversity. Our ownership structure affords us the opportunity to invest in our careers and take pride in something we truly own.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this role.
Please note: Golder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.