- Ingram Micro Inc
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position at Ingram Micro Commerce & Lifecycle Services
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world's largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012
Purpose/Function: This is a 2nd shift position
The Team Leader supports his/her supervisor, leadership team, and staff to execute operational objectives that support the operating plan. He or she makes decisions involving team members, operational issues, priority setting, and compliance with company policies. The Team Leader p rovides leadership for 15-20 fulltime or temporary associates in the picking and shipping area of a fast pace high volume distribution environment. Team Leader will coach and mentor associates in Ingram Micro Mobility's values: Innovation, Accountability, Integrity, Teamwork, Respect, and Social Responsibility.
Core Job Duties :
- Work hands-on with associates to teach and coach them to Ingram Micros ' c ompany policies related to Quality, Safety, Operational Procedures, and Security.
- Help employees understand jobs duties, expectation s, and results in order to increase productivity, quality, inventory accuracy, and improve employee retention
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for continuous improvement by seeking out ways to improve operations including workplace organization, managing inventory, and increasing efficiency and productivity
- Communicate s regularly with Operations Supervisor and Manager to understand daily work schedules that minimize overtime and reduce labor costs ; coordinate with other Team Leads on workload management, labor sharing, and problem resolution.
- Maintain and encourage two-way communication by reaching out and getting to know all associates
- Responsible for helping establish and maintaining 5S work environment
- Responsible for training associates by ensuring all training is documented, thorough, and results in an associate
- Willingness to cross-train in various operational functions
- Reading and responding to internal customer inquires related to Outbound shipments.
- High School or GED or equivalent required.
- Minimum 3+ years in a fast paced, high volume distribution center
- Forklift certification preferred
- Strong knowledge and skills of RF scanners and W arehouse Management S ystem
- Sufficient in MS Outlook and MS Excel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to be constantly standing, bending, lifting up to 50 pounds, driving equipment in a safe manner.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work environment is generally noisy and subject to seasonal temperature extremes.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
More search results
President and Chief Executive Officer
Principal, Brampton Campus
Executive Director, Academic
Red River College
Assistant Deputy Minster, Indigenous Relations an…
Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
Dean, Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Scien…
University of Northern British Columbia