- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
This position will provide best in class technical support for G& D BU-Surveillance customer base in both pre-sale and post-sale activities. The Applications Engineering team is comprised of technical professionals and engineers that support customers, the business development team, sales operations, and engineering with technical support for orders, proposals, demonstrations, and ad hoc customer inqueries.
- Support technical definitions on accepted orders
- Support proposals including review of Requests for Proposal (RFP) and Requests for Information (RFI), including review and inputs to product compliance matrices, providing inputs to technical volumes, and coordinating with product engineering and external vendors for proposal support as required.
- Support demonstration activities.
- Support and plan resources for trade shows as requested by Dir of Applications Engineering and trade show leads
- Support prototype/first article installations, setup, and configuration as required to ensure program success
- Manage demo asset status to ensure equipment is operational, well maintained, and verified condition/location. Manage inventory audits as required.
- Support product engineering staff for production qualification testing.
- Maintain close communication with staff from Sales Operations, Business Development, and the Proposal team.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Four Year College Degree in an Engineering discipline (Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical, etc.).
- Must have excellent communication skills, briefing skills, professional demeanor, and proven track record of establishing and maintaining customer relationships
- US Department of Defense Security Clearance or eligibility to obtain one.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, schematics and wiring diagrams
- Ability to travel up to 50% both domestically and internationally
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skillset
- Ability to author and review technical documents for proposals, white papers, and technical briefings.
- Ability to logistically problem solve/trouble shoot complex surveillance system integrations.
- Must be able to work remotely with little supervision
- Must be able to efficiently plan and execute project timelines with attention to detail.
Other Qualifications: (preferred education, work experience, knowledge & skills)
- Master’s Degree and/or Business Degree is a plus.
- Significant experience with Surveillance and/or Targeting sensor equipment for Airborne, Maritime, Border Systems, Vehicle, and Man Portable applications.
- Former US Military or DHS experience in the operational use of sensor equipment, specifically thermal imaging and radar sytems.
- Ability to produce 2D engineering drawings and/or 3D models e.g. Solidworks.
- Ability to write, review, and test code for software interfaces for surveillance systems
- Understanding of Communications Standards and Interfaces. Serial RS-422,232, 1553, ARINC, Ethernet, etc. Video over ethernet.
- Knowledge of environmental qualifications including MIL-STD – 461/2, 810, RTCA- 160, 178, etc. and similar
- Familiarity with common video standards, displays, and recorders.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
President and Chief Executive Officer
Principal, Brampton Campus
Executive Director, Academic
Red River College
Assistant Deputy Minster, Indigenous Relations an…
Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
Dean, Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Scien…
University of Northern British Columbia