- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
An Operations NPI Program Manager represents the Operations and Supply Chain groups within program core teams during the New Product Life Cycle Development process. They will be the Operations point of contact for program needs in our New Programs of Record, helping to drive program team members to meet Operations milestones, and provide weekly status, progress and risk updates to the core team. They will also drive closure of Operations and Supply Chain tasks in support of the New Product Life Cycle Development process.
- Primary Operations representative to Program team to understand and coordinate Operations program requirements
- Understand and coordinate Operations and supply chain program requirements
- Determine and secure Operations resource needs to support program (personnel and assets) and ensure coordination for Operations capital and spend requirements
- Communicate Operations schedule, quality and cost plan to Program Management for inclusion into the integrated program plan and provide timely and accurate status against plan.
- Drive on-going Manufacturing product cost analysis in support of product cost targets.
- Drive manufacturing readiness reviews to insure all Operations functions are ready for next NPI cycle.
- Ensure DFx activities to achieve 100% resolution of manufacturing issues
- Drive BOM and Drawing reviews to assure accuracy and readiness
- Work with Engineering and Quality to identify and qualify robust suppliers – cost, lead time, quality, and reliability.
- Work with Strategic Sourcing to develop and implement Manufacturing Service Agreements and Statements of Work with key suppliers
- Work with Contract Manufacturer (CM) to ensure all BOMs, AMLs, and associated data elements are in place to support planning, procurement, build, and ship processes.
- Work with CM to drive material and build readiness for proto, pre-production, and production ramp builds in adherence to schedule requirements.
- Work with CM to ensure all change activity (ECN, variances, deviations) is implemented accurately and effectively to support program schedule
- Assess Operations process effectiveness and drive improvements
Required Education, Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- 10+ years’ relevant experience in an operations/manufacturing environment; hands on-manufacturing experience on manufacturing floor.
- Experience as a Manufacturing New Product Introduction Project Management
- Experience working with Contract Manufacturers
- Experience in Defense and Security industry preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred (Program Mgmt. or Technical degree)
- Understand (interpret) financial summaries, supply chain, cost structure and cost reduction strategies for products.
- Understand engineering documentation; product development processes to be able to discuss with suppliers.
Desired Education, Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Familiarity with Windchill and SVN is a plus.
- Strong business acumen.
- Team player attitude with high energy level, able to get things done by working with and through others.
- Ability to establish trust and confidence with customers, employees, peers and executives while driving for results.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
President and Chief Executive Officer
Principal, Brampton Campus
Executive Director, Academic
Red River College
Assistant Deputy Minster, Indigenous Relations an…
Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
Dean, Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Scien…
University of Northern British Columbia