- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The project engineer (PE) will lead a cross-functional team(s) of engineering managers, hardware engineers, software engineers, purchasing, material planning, quality, design verification testing/qualification, manufacturing, service, global trade compliance and others in development and release of new products or enhancements to existing products. The PE will be responsible for defining all requirements, project budget and project schedule. The PE will lead the team's efforts to successfully introduce projects and take them through the product lifecycle into full rate production utilizing the FLIR Surveillance New Product Introduction (NPI) process. The PE will support the project through the project’s End of Life phase.
The PE will serve as primary point of communication for both external and internal customers for your projects. The PE will manage resources and schedules, track interim deliveries and milestones, manage project risk and opportunities, and communicate regular progress reports to upper management, identify significant engineering tasks, facilitate problem resolutions and contribute to design direction. The primary responsibility is for the overall direction, budget, resource management, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of the product development projects ensuring consistency with company processes, commitments and goals. The PE will provide recommendations for process improvement as applicable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Follow the NPI process which includes:
• Lead the planning and implementation of project, assemble and coordinate project staff, assign responsibility for tasks and decisions, and monitor process, progress, and results
• Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables, develop full scale project plans, manage project budget and manage project resource allocation
• Track project deliverables using appropriate tools, constantly monitor and report on progress, problems and solutions of the project to all stakeholders
• Conduct clear and concise project meetings
• Coordinate and direct the activities of others associated with the project including supervisors and individual contributors
• Provide direction and support to project team, identify potential risks and work with team to mitigate these risks
• Work closely with Product and Program Management to understand the business and/or customer requirements as needed by the project
• Project evaluations and assessment of results
• Risk and Opportunity Management
Must be a US Citizen.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical or Systems Engineering required with a 7+ years’ of successful track record in engineering project management of complex electro-mechanical systems and detailed oriented projects to achieve business and technical goals, experience with optical-mechanical systems and infrared imaging systems a plus. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at the same time. Be able to shift deadlines on various scale and complexity. Anticipate and manage tasks and risks within each phase of the project(s). Proven ability to manage to deadlines and meet cost constraints. Be able to adjust your interpersonal approach to individuals and situations as needed to effectively work with others. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Strong customer engagement and management of customer expectations, ability to scope customer requirements and clearly communicate these to engineering staff. Excellent leadership, team work/building, delegation, presentation, negotiation, organizational and documentation skills. Prior experience in leading multi-disciplinary technical teams is required. High level of expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project, requirements tracking tools, and collaboration tools. Practical experience in manufacturing implementation and release of software and hardware products. PMI/PMP certification a plus.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.