- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Nature & Scope
The position is supported by FLIR Thermal Security team. FLIR hires on passion and drive to succeed. We are looking for a seasoned territory hunter who knows how to build relationships, and has a proven track record of solution sales into Critical Infrastructure and Safe Cities environments with a working knowledge of integrator, distributors, specifiers and end-users' needs. The ideal candidate will have exposure to cameras, thermal technologies, detection systems and understand the surrounding marketing and/or technologies. This is a product-solution hybrid sale which will integrate into a larger system with strong consulting influences. The role will require heavy travel, 60% within the Mid-West Territory covering ND, SD, MN, WI, IL, KS, MO, NE, & IA
- Generate, develop, and manage customer and project demand for FLIR security products, directly with end-users, specifiers, and/or re-sellers
- Generate, develop and manage an extensive re-seller network that is motivated and capable of promoting FLIR Security products
- Support the channel, with training, product demonstrations, and closing business.
- Work with manufactures reps in territory to help drive solutions pursuit, accountability, and forecast of FLIR security products.
- While responding to customer requirements, the ability to work with customers to develop an appropriate equipment configuration is required.
- Actively promote the brand and products lines through exhibitions, seminars, and solution demonstrations.
- Frequently update management with various reporting metrics
- Keep precise sales forecasting and updating weekly based on projects and expectation of order intake, judging and carefully monitoring projects and up and coming requirements to fulfill those projects.
- Continual progress reports and updates about customers, competitors, leads, and general developmental activity for projects or territories.
- Place a high emphasis on travelling and making timely meetings with the channel, organize product demonstrations and manage demo equipment inventory over the territory
- Travel to support trade shows, customer demonstrations and other business development activities in a cost effective manner consistent with company policy and under budget as defined by the Manager of Business Development
- Frequently update the company Salesforce system, regarding customers, competitors, leads, and general developmental activity for projects and/or territory
- 5+ years of experience in the Security Electronics Industry with evidence and emphasis on high tech volume market.
- Ability to work independently and highly self motivated.
- Strong and persuasive communication skills.
- Candidate would preferably have a college degree
- Technically adept and able to make complicated presentations and briefings to convey simple messages to win key selling accounts – Computer proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task and support the Manager of Business Development (Direct Report)
- Ability to develop professional briefing material and confidently present to customers and in industry forums
- Expected travel - 60%
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
President and Chief Executive Officer
Principal, Brampton Campus
Executive Director, Academic
Red River College
Assistant Deputy Minster, Indigenous Relations an…
Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
Dean, Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Scien…
University of Northern British Columbia