- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for an Environmental Field Technician to join our team in a Full-Time position at our Texarkana, Texas office. The position will require the candidate to conduct field work according to work plans, Health and Safety plans, and Standard Operating Procedures for site investigation, remediation, and environmental construction projects at industrial/mining sites.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Conduct field work, including soil, sediment, groundwater, and surface water sampling and monitoring.
- Operate and maintain groundwater treatment systems.
- Perform maintenance, troubleshoot, repair, and install mechanical systems associated with site remediation systems.
- Oversee remedial construction projects and perform CQA.
- Perform field measurements and calculations.
- Record and compile field data.
- Perform assigned office duties, such as data entry, borehole logs, and report writing.
- Work in a safe manner, including daily preparation of safety observations.
- Coordinate and communicate with client representatives, subcontractors, and Golder employees.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 years of hands-on field experience, including familiarity/experience with soil and groundwater sampling procedures and groundwater and NAPL remediation systems as well as remediation construction QA/oversight.
- Ability to independently complete field assignments and summarize field data for use in reporting.
- Willingness/interest in field assignments and traveling to project sites; minimum of 75% field work with periodic overnight travel.
- Computer literacy, including proficient MS Office skills.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- Strong initiative (self-starter), problem-solving and communication skills, and attention to detail and QA/QC.
- Two-year technical degree in the field of engineering, environmental monitoring, or equivalent.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.
More search results
President and Chief Executive Officer
Principal, Brampton Campus
Executive Director, Academic
Red River College
Assistant Deputy Minster, Indigenous Relations an…
Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
Dean, Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Scien…
University of Northern British Columbia