- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder Associates is seeking a dynamic Geochemist to join our Mining team on a full-time basis based in Vancouver. The successful candidate will have experience related to geochemical characterization and water quality evaluation with a focus on Mining
The successful candidate will be involved in a broad range of responsibilities, including:
- Technical input and review for multi-disciplinary projects related to geochemistry, hydrogeology, hydrology, chemistry, and mine water
- Development and mentoring of other technical staff
- Contribute to the advancement of our geochemical practice through the technical communities
- Collaborate with other colleagues, regionally and globally
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Apost-graduate degree in geochemistry, environmental engineering, geology, hydrogeochemistry, geomicrobiology, hydrogeology or related geosciences or engineering
- knowledge of geochemistry, surface water and groundwater interactions, hydrology, water treatment and chemical hydrogeology related to mining environments
- Professional designation as an engineer or geoscientist
- 7-10 years of applied experience, preferably in the environmental or mining sector
- Ability to coordinate, manage and guide technical teams that can be located remotely
- Strong mentoring skills
- Experience with industry-standard geochemical, hydrogeological or hydrological software
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.
More search results
President and Chief Executive Officer
Principal, Brampton Campus
Executive Director, Academic
Red River College
Assistant Deputy Minster, Indigenous Relations an…
Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
Dean, Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Scien…
University of Northern British Columbia