- Altec Industries, Inc.
- St Joseph,MO
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Why Join Altec?
Altec Industries is currently looking for a Controls Designer to be located at our St. Joseph, MO campus. Join a focused team where you can have an immediate impact in developing Altec's next world-class product. Altec Inc. is a rapidly growing manufacturing company that produces trusted utility equipment utilized throughout the world.
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Drafting Certificate OR two years of electronic hardware design experience OR two- / four-year applicable degree required
- Drafting Certificate plus four years electronic hardware design experience, OR
- Four year applicable degree with one year electronic hardware design experience, OR
- Two year degree with two year electronic hardware design experience
- 3D CAD preferred (for Mechanical Drafters)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and take direction
- Complete routine drafting work, such as creating models and drawings of structures and equipment systems derived from layouts and sketches
- Create and update basic and routine CAD drawings; performs simple part setup and maintenance in ERP system
- Work with engineers and/or technical experts to develop design solutions and design standards
- Follow established technical specifications to prepare models and drawings
- All other duties as assigned
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama. We were founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard for excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well-managed company.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work "Safer and Smarter." Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
St. Joseph, Missouri is a friendly city planted down by the banks of the Missouri River. Located less than 50 miles north of Kansas City it is known for its close community. Locals and new residents of St. Joseph form friendships at a variety of events such as jazz festivals, outdoor activities on a 26-mile green parkway and seasonal tailgating parties. In St. Joseph, you will surely enjoy ample opportunities to make new friends and memories. Find out more at: www.choosestjoseph.com