- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Proposal Manager to join our Marketing and Proposal team on a full-time basis based in Calgary, Vancouver or Mississauga. The successful candidate will work closely with regional and North American staff and colleagues to develop and deliver a strategic approach to winning work.
An overview of your role will include:
- Review and analyze in-bound proposal requests and develop the structure and content to respond
- Plan and coordinate proposal tasks, from initial go/no go and kick-off meeting to proposal delivery and post-submission follow-up
- Compile internal intelligence such as history with the client for proposal decisions and strategy
- Assess and execute proposal win strategy and assist staff in developing capture plans
- Compile, edit, and write standard proposal components in adherence to requirements; compiling disparate content elements from a distributed group of authors into a cohesive and responsive proposal document
- Perform and delegate proposal tasks, and ensure proposal schedules are maintained and met
- Assist with proposal budgets and other technical sections, as required
- Adapt existing resumes, project descriptions and boilerplate information
- Review final proposals for quality assurance and quality control
- Facilitate short-list interview strategy and develop presentations
- Assist with internal and external proposal debriefs and other proposal close-out activities
- Serve as a subject matter expert and participate in the development of proposal team best practices, tools, and policies
- Contribute to the generation, collection, dissemination, and storage of related information
- Effectively communicate with proposal teams and colleagues, as well as other stakeholders
- Report on proposal metrics as required
- Support and contribute to North American Proposal Team initiatives and activities, and ad-hoc requests
- Think and act in Golder's best interest and actively promote our core values
- Travel between offices as required for training and proposal related activities
You will have a background in:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, sciences, engineering, business, or related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are a must
- Attention to detail and excellent proofreading/grammar skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superb team player able to excel in a multi-task, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work overtime and under pressure to meet deadlines
- Project Management skills (prioritizing, scheduling, follow up, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud suite (InDesign and Acrobat) to create client collateral and proposals
- Experience with client relationship management CRM tools desirable
- Experience in the professional services consulting industry (engineering and sciences an asset), with an emphasis on proposal management and/or writing is ideal
- Experience working on Federal Government and Public Works proposals is desirable
- Experience working with both internal and external client groups, and distributed (virtual) proposal teams
- Comfortable working and interacting at all levels in a multidisciplinary environment
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.