- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder Associates is seeking a dynamic Junior Geological Engineering Consultant to join Mine Waste Management Team at our Vancouver office.
The successful candidate will be involved in a broad range of responsibilities, including:
- Provide technical support in geotechnical and mine waste management projects, including field investigation, laboratory testing and interpretation; geotechnical analysis; and design
- Complete geotechnical analyses, with a focus on dam breach analysis and runout analysis, under the direction and supervision of intermediate and senior engineers
- Support and contribute to design work packages in response to client needs
- Support and contribute to sections of technical reporting under the direction and supervision of intermediate and senior engineers.
- Participate in and promote a safety-first culture
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 2 to 4 years of relevant (post-degree) experience working in a consulting engineering or mining industry environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Geological Engineering
- Currently registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in British Columbia
- Strong technical writing, interpersonal communication, and emotional intelligence
- Be able to work in diverse teams
- Excellent planner and organizer; can effectively share tasks
- Understand how to apply geotechnical skills and deliver high quality results
- Be accountable for completing tasks on time and on budget
- Desire to learn and grow your career
- Commitment to safe work practices for yourself and your colleagues
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.
More search results
President and Chief Executive Officer
Principal, Brampton Campus
Executive Director, Academic
Red River College
Assistant Deputy Minster, Indigenous Relations an…
Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
Dean, Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Scien…
University of Northern British Columbia