Contaminated Land Management Consultant (Senior Scientist or Engineer)
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Golder has a new opportunity for a Contaminated Land Management Consultant (Senior Scientist or Engineer) to join our Contaminated Sites team based in Melbourne.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure Golder's health and safety culture is upheld and demonstrate commitment to Golder's environment and sustainability standards
- P lan and/or p erform environmental assessments including Preliminary and Detailed Site Investigations , impact assessments, environmental hazard identification and/or risk assessment, investigation of soil and groundwater quality
- Conduct d ata management, interpretation and reporting for phased environmental site assessments, contaminant assessments, and remediation
- Conduct p roject management of small to medium sized contaminated sites projects or task management within larger scale project s
- Manag e the overall delivery of projects on or ahead of time, includ ing actively working with project staff to manage schedule, costs, revenue, risks and variations
- Technical report writing and contribution to proposals and deliverables
- Supervis e junior professional staff and direct contractors including drillers, surveyors, remediation / demolition contractors etc on site
- Provi de technical direction and mentor ing , train ing and transfer of knowledge to junior employees
- Liai se with specialists from other disciplines within Golder
- Carry out tasks as assigned by varying Senior Project Managers and Project Directors.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- A bachelor's degree or higher in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, or related discipline.
- Certified Environmental Practitioner (CEnvP), or working towards.
- Understanding of regulations and guidelines applicable to c ontaminated s ites a ssessment in Victoria .
- Proficient project management skills including budgeting and cost control .
- Good time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Ability to work with a variety of environmental sampling devices and field equipment
- Strong writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Strong a nalytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities.
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
At Golder, we care about our people - we operate with integrity and embrace diversity. Our ownership structure affords us the opportunity to invest in our careers and take pride in something we truly own.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this role.
Please note: Golder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
More search results
President and Chief Executive Officer
Principal, Brampton Campus
Executive Director, Academic
Red River College
Assistant Deputy Minster, Indigenous Relations an…
Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
Dean, Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Scien…
University of Northern British Columbia