- Altec Industries, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Why Join Altec?
Be a part of a team whose goal is to minimize down time and make sure equipment is working in a timely fashion. Helpful associates offer years of experience in the truck repair and roadside assistance industry, taking pride in our ability to provide customers with superior service and reliability.
Since 1929, Altec has been a company committed to excellence, consistently raising the bar through innovative design, manufacture, integrated safety features, and a continued dedication to total customer satisfaction. Altec is present in more than 100 countries throughout the world supporting the electric utility, telecommunications, contractor, lights and signs, and tree care markets. We are known for lifting products -- bucket trucks, cranes, and equipment used to help people access tough-to-reach places -- but the success starts with thousands of associates who come together to Reach Higher!
Bring your top-notch administrative, problem-solving, and service skill set to support the customer base in the Southeast Region.
Altec Repair Central has an opening for a Service Dispatcher to provide support, for example,
- Dispatch technicians,
- Create service requests,
- Maintain and upload schedules,
- Provide estimates to customers,
- Interact with customers in order to maintain their fleet and update on-going repairs
- Follow up with vendors to get accurate updates on in-progress repairs
This position will work first shift with potential to cover off-shifts and holidays as required. This can be home-based, with a preference for living in the Southeast Region.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum five years of industry-specific knowledge and / or related experience (i.e., customer service with manufactured products or product services; material support or inventory control for manufactured products; or Service Writing in a dealership)
- With a Bachelor's Degree, minimum of two years of experience is required.
- Ability to multi-task and analyze priorities against changing deadlines
- Hydraulic or mechanical background preferred
- PC skills using spreadsheets, word processing and other office management applications
- Confer with Customers, Supervisors, and Technicians to address questions, problems, or requests for service or equipment
- Create accurate and timely Service Requests
- Organize information to provide estimates for customers
- Provide phone support to the Supervisor by functioning as a secondary contact for customers
- Update and maintain Altec and Customer Equipment Records and Altec and Customer Account Records
- Assist Supervisor in meeting company and customer performance objectives
- Provide feedback for administrative and parts support to include data entry for parts orders and service debriefing and invoicing
- Travel 0 - 25%
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.
More search results
President and Chief Executive Officer
Principal, Brampton Campus
Executive Director, Academic
Red River College
Assistant Deputy Minster, Indigenous Relations an…
Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
Dean, Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Scien…
University of Northern British Columbia