- Altec Industries, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Why Join Altec?
The immediate need is for an Accounts Receivable Associate in Birmingham, AL. This department is responsible for receiving customer payments for allocation to invoices and ledger accounts and contacting customers to discuss unpaid invoices. This department is also responsible for maintaining customer payment records.
Since 1929, Altec has been a company committed to excellence, consistently raising the bar through innovative design, manufacture, integrated safety features, and a continued dedication to total customer satisfaction. Altec is present in more than 100 countries throughout the world supporting the electric utility, telecommunications, contractor, lights and signs, and tree care markets. We are known for lifting products -- bucket trucks, cranes, and equipment used to help people access tough-to-reach places -- but the success starts with thousands of associates who come together to Reach Higher!
Basic Education, Experience, and Skills
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Zero to one years' experience required
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Accounts Receivable field
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
- Current valid Driver's License
- PC skills using spreadsheets, word processing and other office management applications required
- Mechanical aptitude, product or industry knowledge preferred (required)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work with direct supervision
- Post customer payments into Accounting systems
- Daily office functions
- Daily runs to post office, knowledge of operating postage and inserter machine
- Processing mail
- Review customer accounts
- Review monthly statements for open invoices
- Update and maintain customer information database
- Assists in monthly closings and performs data entry as needed
- Assists with special projects as necessary
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
Competitive pay which rewards performance
Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.