- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for an Junior Rock Mechanic Engineer-in-Training to join our Mine Engineering and Stability Division (MES) team on a full-time basis based in Sudbury, Ontario.
Our expanding services in the core field of mine closure, underground stability, and site characterization, and mine design, include operating mine site support, conceptual to feasibility level studies, engineering design, construction, and project management for diverse clients in local and global mining markets.
An overview of your role will include:
- Supporting senior and intermediate engineering staff in completion of projects in the area of rock mechanics and mine closure
- Performing field work, data collection, field testing, data analysis, excavation stability assessments, and calculations
- Researching specific rock engineering and mine closure problems
- Field work will include some aspects of surveying, drilling coordination, geotechnical core logging/mapping, and construction monitoring
- Data reduction and analysis of investigation data
- Preparing and working with 2D and 3D models
- Assisting with geotechnical characterization and assessments in support of underground, open pit, and mine closure rock mechanics projects
- Assisting with the preparation of technical reports
- Role will include a combination of office and field work
You will have a background in:
- B.A.Sc or B.Eng. in Mining or Geological Engineering
- Relevant consulting or operating experience in a mining or consulting setting
- Demonstrated background in rock engineering and mine closure
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to complete field and office work as necessary, which may involve work outside of normal business hours
- Ability to travel and work in other Golder offices as required
- Possesses or eligible to receive EIT Certification in the province of Ontario
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and general computer usage
- Knowledge of programming language (VB, python, or other) would be an asset
- Demonstrates a 'Safety First" focus attitude and traits in line with Golder's core values
- Strong organizational skills
- Business acumen (not required but would be an asset)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong people skills and an ability to work in a team environment (ability to communicate with clients would be an asset)
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.
More search results
President and Chief Executive Officer
Principal, Brampton Campus
Executive Director, Academic
Red River College
Assistant Deputy Minster, Indigenous Relations an…
Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
Dean, Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Scien…
University of Northern British Columbia