- Mount Laurel,NJ
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Staff Geologist to join our Mt. Laurel, NJ office on a full-time basis. This position provides an opportunity to join a fast-paced team that provides solutions on environmental site remediation projects. The work entails a variety of field and office-related activities, with a need to carefully follow instructions, document activities, effectively communicate, and promote our health and safety culture.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Perform subsurface field geologic/hydrogeologic investigation tasks including drilling, aquifer and geophysical testing
- Interpretate subsurface conditions and prepare investigation records
- Install monitoring wells/piezometers for groundwater sampling and water level readings
- Collect environmental samples (e.g., soil, groundwater, surface water, soil gas, and air) in compliance with State and Federal requirements
- Procure, coordinate, and oversee subcontractors (e.g., laboratories, drillers)
- Accurately document field programs (e.g., field forms, field notebooks, daily reports) to identify site conditions, observations, and activities
- Engage in a team environment, working closely with Project Managers and co-workers to complete work programs
- Manage tasks associated with implementation of field programs and report preparation
- Contribute to environmental monitoring and technical reports by compiling and interpreting data and summarizing findings
- Handle equipment, including maintenance, calibration to operational and regulatory requirements, and ability to lift and move a minimum of 50 pounds without assistance
- Perform work safely, both in the field and office
- Travel at least 75% of schedule for out-of-town project opportunities, including periods of more than five days
- Operate field vehicles safely on behalf of the company
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- A BS in physical science, geology, hydrogeology, or related field strongly preferred;
- Minimal experience is required, however, applicants with a previous internship/related work or 1 year of experience preferred
- A proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Commitment to working safely and adhering to health and safety protocols
- MSHA certification preferred;
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. of equipment and supplies unassisted;
- This position requires standing, walking, bending, and lifting for extended periods of time across varying terrains in remote locations in all weather conditions (rain, snow, heat, etc.);
- Should be mechanically inclined and self-motivated;
- This position will be located in Northeast Washington. Local candidates preferred, but it is possible to be based in our Redmond office with travel to and from the Republic area on a regular basis.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.