- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
FLIR's Government and Defense (G&D) Business Unit is seeking a Capture Director to lead large domestic competitive pursuits across our Surveillance business segment. Preferred locations: Huntsville, AL or Austin, TX.
The Surveillance Division delivers premier thermal imaging solutions and services to include research, prototyping, development, integration, training, deployment, operations and sustainment, using the FLIR Method, in support of our Domestic Customers.
In this role, you are expected to thrive in an environment where you are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. The ideal candidate will have previously served in previous business development and capture roles with demonstrated experience leading complex pursuits.
You will be expected to lead capture and proposal teams to develop discriminating solutions, pursuit win strategy and ultimately win assigned captures. Other key tasks include identifying gaps and emerging requirements, conduct competitive intelligence, design and execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity. You will participate in the overall BD strategy, as well as internal and external partnerships, business plans and associated marketing assigned as it relates to key captures.
- Leads assigned captures with ownership of win strategy, solution development and ultimately responsible for development and delivery of a winning proposal for proposals >$100M.
- Collect and leverage competitive intelligence to influence the win strategy and develop Price-to-Win
- Engaging customers to obtain insight on key care abouts and program requirements and actively uses this knowledge to influence requirements and position FLIR products and capabilities
- Identifying investments that can be made and driving requirements to product management so that investments can be made to develop competitive advantage on assigned pursuits.
- Partners with the Surveillance Global Business Development and Sales VP to support overall capture planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline.
- Participates in business planning activities, to include weekly pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid agenda development, opportunity collaboration sessions and gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal writing and reviews.
- Develops and implements the FLIR’s Government and Defense BU strategy based on market research and Corporate direction.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 10 years of Business Development related experience, including 12 years of experience leading large, complex capture efforts (>$100M).
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- Strong background and understanding of building Win Strategy and using Price-to-Win techniques
- Strong understanding of US Government acquisition and source selection methodologies
- Travel as required, based on negotiated work location, up to 50% per month
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management to track opportunities and manage pipeline
- This position requires the individual to be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be eligible for a SECRET clearance.
- Experience with DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes with a focus on Army aviation
- Background and experience in the EO/IR market including knowledge of key competitors
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Surveillance and across FLIR
- Experience with major US A&D OEMs
- A masters degree is highly desired in business or related field.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.