- Golder Associates
- New Zealand / Auckland,AUK
- Job Category
- Job Type
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Golder has a new opportunity for a Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) Advisor to join our HSSE team on a part-time basis in Auckland. Working in partnership with Project managers and Local HSSE teams, full-time basis based in Auckland. Working in partnership with Project managers Local HSSE teams, the HSSE Advisor is accountable for the practical implementation of HSSE strategies into the operational work within their scope of authority. This role supports local strategic planning and is accountable for the effective implementation of workplans, systems and processes and is responsible for maintaining compliance with local HSSE legislation.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Builds partnerships with Project Managers to understand project goals and needs, assesses HSSE or other implications, and align HSSE services to support the attainment of business goals
- Maintains relationships with Principals and Associates and the Senior Management Group throughout the areas of responsibility to support opportunities to demonstrate HSSE leadership
- Provides key contact for project related HSSE issues within their scope of authority. Maintains relationships with client’s HSSE teams
- Supports local GAIMS in the implementation of applicable systems and the external and internal audit program
- Reviews project HSSE Plans and related HSSE documentation
- Monitors compliance with project HSSE requirements / systems within their scope of authority (e.g. High-Risk Travel)
- Evaluates sub-contractor HSSE performance and alignment as part of pre-qualification processes. Supports the subcontractor approval process including Level 1 HSSE Evaluations
- Supports pre-qualification, tender and proposal processes including review of specifications, researching requirements and writing responses and, where applicable, prequalification databases
- Verifies compliance with HSSE initiatives and practices including conducting site audits (project sites, offices, labs, warehouse)
- Analyses project related HSSE statistical data (e.g., recordables, injury and learning trends)
- Provides HSSE advice and tools to project personnel & serves as back-up to the HSSE Team Leader
- Hold a Diploma in HSSE Management or equivalent formal education
- Have experience in a HSSE Advisor role
- Must have excellent knowledge of applicable HSSE legislation
- Awareness of evolving technologies in HSSE and risk factors inherent in operational environment and activities
- Applicable professional designation and experience in engineering and/or sciences is desirable
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500+ professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
At Golder, we care about our people – we operate with integrity and embrace diversity. Our ownership structure affords us the opportunity to invest in our careers and take pride in something we truly own.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this role.
Please note: Golder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.