Lead Biologist & EIA - Calgary, AB or Vancouver, BC
- Job Category
- Science and Research
- Job Type
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on crafting lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable & balanced development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
GHD is looking for an experienced Biologist to fill a meaningful leadership role in our growing Western Canadian Operations. This is a key position that requires the successful candidate to provide leadership, mentorship, career development, and financial accountability for our Ecology team in Alberta and British Columbia.
- Lead the growth and management of the multi-disciplinary Ecology & EIA team while growing opportunities and capacity
- Lead project teams and conduct field assessments as and when needed
- Develop project plans and manage projects
- Manage technical staff, evaluating and producing bids, proposals, scope and schedules to clients across many sectors and service lines
- Champion relationships with existing GHD clients along with the development of new clients
- Work with our business development team and pursuit leaders
- Providing thought leadership, regulatory oversight and mentorship to your team and your clients, both internal and external
- Management and representation of external and internal client projects to regulators and other partners including interest groups and the public
- Lead GHD’s HSE management and be a champion of GHD’s core values
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- Registered Professional Biologist (RP Bio) or Professional Biologist (P.Bio) with a Bachelors’ of Science degree or Masters of Science degree preferred.
- Registered (or eligible) as a QAES/QWAES or QWSP is an asset
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience leading natural science/ecology projects in Western Canada throughout multiple industries within a consulting firm
- Experience working with multi-discipline teams on Environmental Assessment projects
- Experience leading environmental assessments in western Canada
- Shown success and experience managing a team, business, or multi-disciplinary projects on a large scale, including budgeting, forecasting, timesheet approval, and other team management skills
- Possess excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, including technical report writing and reviewing experience
- Experience interpreting and applying environmental management legislation, regulations and policies
- Liaise with environmental regulatory agencies, non-government agencies, public and private resource development agencies
- Excellent report and proposal writing skills
- Positive attitude, phenomenal communication and interpersonal skills
We offer an opportunity to be part of a growing and dynamic employee owned company, a professional working environment with career development potential, flexible hours and a competitive salary package based on qualifications, skills, and experience in a privately held, quality driven, and client focused company.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.