- Job Category
- Job Type
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
Due to continued rapid growth and expansion of the Water Group into Western Canada, we are seeking a Project Manager within our Water Group based in our Vancouver, BC office with diversified experience in design and construction contract administration of municipal projects including linear Infrastructure (sewers & water systems), lift stations, pump stations, and storm water management.
- Work directly with senior engineers and multi-discipline technical teams in the execution of various ongoing projects.
- Lead and assist in managing various projects under the direction of senior engineers. Work will involve direct communication with clients and sub consultants.
- Work with our Water Practice Business Development group to continue our expansion of water infrastructure market share in western Canada. Activities will involve participating in client marketing sessions, assisting in developing market growth strategies, and preparing proposals.
- Ensure project deliverables meet or exceed GHD’s internal and external client quality objectives.
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- Professional Degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineering designation in the Province of British Columbia
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of project management experience, working as part of multi-discipline engineering teams.
- Delivered engineering designs from project inception through execution
- Strong experience and knowledge of construction contract administration services
- Experience in providing designs within a firm having an established Quality Assurance and Quality Control program that is registered to a standard equal to or higher than ISO – 9001
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in leading projects utilizing 3D CADD
- Work experience using Mike Urban software would be an asset
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work/life balance contributes to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience. As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce.
GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.