Director, Marine Corp Programs
- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Washington, DC-based business development role responsible for all facets of the Surveillance sector’s Marine Corps business development efforts. You will work closely with Headquarters Marine Corps, the Naval Air Systems Command, NSWC Crane, the Operating Forces and with FLIR’s industry and OEM partners.
The Business Development Director (US Marine Corps) is responsible for the management and growth of FLIR’s business with the US Marine Corps and related OEM customers. You will target specific platform and program customers that are identified as appropriate candidates for FLIR’s products and technology; or are potential teaming partners. Working with existing and new Marine Corps customers to establish requirements that match FLIR’s current and future product capabilities, you will present FLIR’s electro-optical technologies and products in an effort to secure product orders, development contracts and program business consistent with the forecast for the line of business. In this role you will monitor and document market requirements and communicate these to the product management group in an effort to have current and future products better meet market needs. In addition, you will provide customers with visibility to FLIR’s product line and developmental capabilities at a variety of forums to include; personal meetings, formal briefings, social events, trade shows and seminars.
Preferred location: Arlington, VA
- Create and execute an accurate bookings plan for USMC-related programs, products and applications.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the Marine Corps (operating forces, HQMC and the supporting establishment), the Department of the Navy (systems commands, OPNAV and SECNAV staffs, and cognizant field activities) and major systems suppliers to the Marine Corps.
- Present FLIR products, technology and developmental capabilities to the Marine Corps and to relevant aerospace OEMs. Potential forums shall include personal meetings, formal briefings, social events, trade shows and seminars.
- Identify programs of interest that match FLIR products and present them for a pursue/no-pursue decision with senior management.
- Support product proposals as directed. This may include theme development, pricing strategy, support requirements and formulating key selling points.
- Act as the primary customer advocate to ensure user requirements for new capabilities are presented to product management. Once accepted for pursuit, responsible for developing capture strategies, making product recommendations and coordinating pursuit plans and activities.
- Principal interface with the customers for all business development matters.
- Ensure that any and all technical issues are assessed properly by product management and engineering, from a cost, schedule and performance aspect.
- Champion the product-development process from a market perspective, to include articulating the market opportunity, capture strategy, desired time schedule, desired end-pricing and potential return on investment.
- Identify and monitor risks associated with customer requirements and programs.
- Conduct product demonstrations as needed on the ground or in flight to support product sales and training.
- Required to travel up to 40% of the time
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: BA/BS Degree or equivalent military/government background or operational experience.
- Demonstrated sales/business development capabilities related to Naval Air Systems Command and/or Marine Corps Systems Command programs; or active-duty assignment(s) requiring familiarity with Programming, Planning, Budgeting and Execution process.
- Understanding of FLIR's EO/IR products & solution capabilities.
- Ability to develop and present the operational values of EO/IR systems to assault support and unmanned aviators and acquisition professionals.
- Ability to understand, document and tailor customer requirements into a FLIR technical solution
- Ability to present technical information clearly and concisely in front of small or large groups utilizing demonstration equipment, multimedia tools and personal presentation skills
- MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and sales force automation applications
- Must be a US Citizen
- Ten (10) years prior experience in military business development, or as an active duty officer with experience in programming, planning, budgeting or execution and relevant operational experience
- Familiarity with DoD acquisition process.
- Familiarity with major US aerospace OEMs
- Possess an understanding of night vision/thermal imaging technology and/or its applications
- Ability to independently travel up to 35-45% of the time.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
Indigenous Education Workers’
Make a Future - Careers in BC Education
Provost and Vice-President Academic
Tenure Track, Associate Professor: Chair in Mine …
Queen's University: The Robert M. Buchan Department of Mining
Tenure Track, Assistant Professor: Green Mining
Queen's University: The Robert M. Buchan Department of Mining
Sr. Communications Officer
Express Scripts Canada