Painter - Off Shift
- Altec Industries, Inc.
- St Joseph,MO
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Why Join Altec?
There are openings for Painters - 2nd/3rd shift in St. Joseph, Missouri. These associates will be responsible for the painting of all types of units and vehicles with a sufficient level of quality allowing delivery to the end customer. The successful candidate will have well-rounded knowledge of automotive painting, good hand-eye coordination and will work effectively in a team environment.
To be considered for this position associates should have the following qualifications:
- Knowledge in spraying high-pressure automotive body sealant and bed coatings.
- Proven finish painting skills, including mixing paints.
- Knowledge of automotive or powder painting required.
- Knowledge of, and experience in automotive body work.
- Skills in sanding and other automotive paint preparation items.
- Skills in painting booms, boxes, cargo areas, and outsides of trucks.
- Demonstrated ability in following established safety practices and procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team atmosphere.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to work 2nd/3rd shift required.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend required.
- Basic computer knowledge required.
- Vocational technical school certificate in a manufacturing field preferred.
- Vocational Training in lieu of experience will be considered
- To provide quality and timely workmanship on each job performed
- Thorough and timely completion of related documentation.
- Performs re-work as required.
- Maintain clean and orderly materials and work environment and
- Follows all established safety, environmental and & quality policies and practices.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Building on 85 years of success, Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, telecom, and specialty equipment. We are the leading equipment and service provider for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, lights and signs, and contractor markets, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world.
Join the thousands who have made Altec their career decision!
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.