Group Leader / Region Manager
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Regional Manager (Group Leader) to join our Construction team on a Full-Time basis based in Vancouver.
The Group Leader is the first level manager in the Golder Canada hierarchy and reports directly to the Operations Leader. As such, the Group Leader plays a key operational and administrative role in shaping a healthy, safe, respectful and ethical work culture and contributing directly to the overall success of the Operation.
The Group Leader is critical to the successful implementation of the Operation's plan and ensures that the Group operates to optimum performance levels. This role is the front line management of the business critical to generating staff engagement in pursuit of client work and financial success. The role drives profitable revenue generation required to achieve and beat Operation financial targets. They maintain active participation with clients and projects, and contribute to the Group's utilization target by achieving personal utilization as set forth in their personal scorecard based on the size and geographic distribution of the Group. In order to achieve their utilization targets, the Group Leader is involved in business development and directing and managing projects.
The Group Leader engages Principals, Associates and other senior leaders in all activities needed to run the business (e.g. revenue generation, client development, resource management, staff performance, conflict resolution, priority setting etc.). The role supports Golder's Principal Led operating model where all Principals and Associates are engaged and aligned with the strategy. The Group Leader works with the Operations Leader to set specific annual group KPIs against which the performance of the Group is tracked.
Group Leaders work closely with key business unit stakeholders including other Operational and Group Leaders and senior Business Support Leaders (i.e. HSSE (health and safety), GAIMS (quality management system), Finance, HR (human resource), Legal, BIS (business systems including IT), Marketing, Proposals and Client Sector Leads) to achieve alignment towards success.
An overview of your role will include:
- Developing the business plan, budget, forecasts and requirements at the Group level to contribute to the Operational business plan and budget. Uses and operates management systems to ensure the efficient delivery of Group goals.
- Delivering on Group KPIs and Delivering on their scorecard which is set annually based on the overall Operation's financial and business contribution accountabilities to Golder.
- Reviews and approves time sheets and vacation requests for Group and Approving Group expense accounts, ensuring team personal expense guidelines are known and followed by all members of their team.
- Providing a healthy, safe and respectful workplace environment at all Golder sites under his/her responsibility.
- Reinforces expectations for behaviour and workplace policies and practices that ensure situations of harassment, negative, disrespectful or unsafe behaviours and actions are dealt with fairly and effectively.
- Responding to underperformers appropriately and dealing with them diligently and Ensuring all employees in their group receive an annual performance review and conversation and each person has an active Career Development Plan, as per the HPC Process.
- Coordinates the preparation of their Group's business development priorities and tactics.
- Works with and coordinates efforts of the Client Relationship - Client Sector Leads, Principals and Associates and other senior leaders to create a pipeline that consistently delivers profitable revenue.
- Oversees the appropriate management of client projects and ensures that the necessary review and sign off on projects, at the various dollar values, are consistently completed according to our Accountability/Responsibility Matrix (ARM).
- Constantly monitors Group and staff morale and identifies improvement actions when needed.
- Works to develop business and project opportunities, and win projects both externally and internally to build top line and backlog for the Operation.
- Works in close collaboration and support of Project Managers, Design Managers, Engineers and project teams for successful execution and delivery of projectsParticipate in opportunity and project risk assessments.
- Resolve technical and construction related challenges on projects, as they arise.
- Facilitates identification, monitoring and mitigation of project risks and communicating risks to stakeholders as appropriate.
You will have a background in:
- A University degree, preferably in Civil Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the Province of B.C. or ability to be licensed
- Minimum of 15 years of construction experience
- Preferred experience in civil earthworks, ground engineering, aspects of mine development, operation and closure, environmental remediation and water/waste water treatment.
- Must be willing to travel 10-20%, and work independently and remotely in Golder offices when required
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and interpersonal
- Business development and client service management skills with a proven track record of developing project opportunities and maintaining successful client relationships; strong existing client relationships and professional contacts are highly desirable;
- Demonstrates strong leadership, management, interpersonal, coaching, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to establish credibility, persuade and influence individuals at all levels within the organization and with local and regional stakeholders and industry leaders.
- Ability to achieve results in the timely delivery of programs, projects and services through employee engagement, effective resource planning and goal setting and prioritization, ensuring that objectives are carried out effectively, optimal outcomes are achieved and issues are resolved.
- Ability to pursue excellence in identifying and implementing innovative improvement opportunities and achieve results.
- Ability to foster collaborative relationships, broadening networks and building partnerships with internal/external stakeholders, developing and maintaining relationships to understand business concerns and objectives, anticipate roadblocks and resolve issues.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.