MANAGER, GROUP HOMES & PORTFOLIO ADMINISTRATION
Job ID: 3223
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
MANAGER, GROUP HOMES & PORTFOLIO ADMINISTRATION
Reporting to the Manager Operations Support, the Manager Group Homes & Portfolio Administration is responsible for the management of the Provincial Rental Housing Corporation (PRHC) Group Home portfolio. The position develops and maintains relationships and negotiates with numerous stakeholders, including provincial ministries, Health Authorities, funding partners, group home operators, legal counsel, and various business areas within BC Housing. The incumbent of the position manages a team of staff who are responsible for the administration of the Group Home portfolio, including budgets, funding, agreements, maintenance, and day to day operator relations. The Manager is also responsible for providing operational support and administration of all social housing agreements overseen by the Operations Branch.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Social Science or a related discipline with courses in leadership, mediation, effective communication and conflict negotiation.
- Considerable experience in program management, stakeholder management, detailed budgeting and accounting practices with some direct supervisory experience.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices and techniques of program and financial administration
- Considerable knowledge of Real Estate laws in British Columbia
- Considerable knowledge of BC Housing funding programs
- Sound knowledge of the Commission’s structure and business operations
- Sound knowledge of accounting and budgeting practices
- Sound knowledge of social housing/social policy
- Excellent conflict management, negotiation, and effective communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, risk management and decision-making skills
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to adjust communications style to meet a wide variety of skill levels (e.g. able to explain legal issues to someone without a legal background)
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Ability to assess program requirements, procedures, business processes, systems, tools and other mechanisms to support effective program delivery
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under tight deadlines with changing priorities
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and drive them through completion
- Ability to lead, train, coach and motivate staff in a team setting
- Ability to identify and promote opportunities to improve existing processes and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now : www.bchousing.org/careers